I had my renewal class III medical last month and now a letter in the mail...

orange

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Orange
When I saw it was from FAA, I became ****ed off instantaneously.

But it wasn't related to my medical. It was a chain letter regarding some new legislation that allows pilots to opt-out of having your address listed on their pilot database.

Has anybody else received that letter?

But it wasn't related to my medical. It was a chain letter regarding some new legislation that allows pilots to opt-out of having your address listed on their pilot database.

My address isn't listed.

No, I didn't get that letter, I didn't give the FAA my real address.

KIDDING!!!! Although I didn't get a letter like that, maybe my address IS wrong.

It is required that they tell you that though the details in the law are a bit vague as to under what circumstances.
Alas, the FAA consistently misinterprets the law. The law doesn't say you can opt out of your address in the public access, it says you can opt out of having ALL your information appear there. Further, their exception to the privacy act doesn't even allow them to disseminate medical certificate information, so their doubly breaking the law. I've tried for years to get the FAA to stop disseminating my private information in violation of the law, without results.

I have not received that letter but then again, my address is not listed, per my request long time ago.
I logically assume that the FAA sends these letters only to those affected, as in: pilots whose full address is visible to the rest of the world to steal and do as they please with.

Opted out of having the government publicly post my personal info years ago, same with having my N numbers blocked.

It is nice that the FAA is letting people know they have the option to opt out, sadly it SHOULD be the other way around, you should have you address blocked by default and have to opt in.

I just checked the FAA airmen registry.

My address is NOT listed. My address had always been listed since I got the certificate in 2015, but my medical always said "Not Available". Now, my address is not listed but my new medical is listed. This is definitely a government agency.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back