I had an epiphany last night!

I'm satisfied if they just fly it back to the tie down. After that they're off the hook.

Never been called in the next day and asked "What did you do to the airplane?"
You parked the plane yesterday, and today, without ever being near it, you are still the PIC.

First, congrats on your epiphany!
Instead of trying to remember to "pull back", use the trim wheel to set the plane up and your need to "pull back" will be reduced considerably. BTW, which field are you doing training (more curious than anything)?

Yeah I've read some stuff about trimming up, but since I'm a student (and to not defy my CFI), I stop making any trim adjustments on final once we're near the end of the runway. Maybe once I've got some experience under my belt I'll try giving it a flick or two of trim to help.

I'm flying out of Smyrna, TN (KMQY), which is southeast of Nashville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he has mentioned this a good bit, and I am pretty familiar with it from my first round of flight training a while back.

I'm almost scared to hear the reaction my next statement will get, but the stall warning horn on the trainer I'm flying in doesn't work....maybe that should make me more nervous than it does? We've done a decent amount of stall training, so I've got a good feel for buffeting and what it feels like, but yeah....no horn on flare..

There are many aircraft, trainers, that have no stall warning device. Champ, taylorcraft, cub, on and on. Experience solves this problem. When you know what you fly then you'll know how it flys. The stall warning is located where you sit down.

Last edited:
Back