I guess Dad hadn't gotten to the landing part yet...

If dad has any sense he'll let both boys will spend a few days in jail before they have to face him.

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]The boys took the plane from Big Bear Airport Sunday afternoon, authorities said. The airport has no control tower and pilots are not required to check in with anyone before taking off, said Garry Dokter, the airport's general manager.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]

See this is why you should be very careful what you say to the press. This quote implies that because of the lack of a conrol tower and check facilities this 'tragedy' occured.
If we could only require those rogue pilots to have some accountable person over see each and everytime they want to take off these kids could not have almost killed themselves or even worse destroyed a city block
is the type of statements that anti aviation can now make. All because the airport manager did not realize what he was saying could be used in such a way. Better for him to say something like the 'owners of aircraft did not provide adequate protection of their resources and the youths were able to gain access to aircraft ilegally'.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Rouge pilots? As in painted faces?? I will start watching for them myself!

Let'sgoflying! said:
Rouge pilots? As in painted faces?? I will start watching for them myself!
Yeah, I just saw the NPRM for the new face painting endorsement. You can tell the students by the smeared lip gloss.

Richard said:
Yeah, I just saw the NPRM for the new face painting endorsement. You can tell the students by the smeared lip gloss.

Yeah, that bit of writing is going to leave someone red faced! HAHAHahaha, I crack me up...

Back