I got Bosed

larrysb said:
My local pilot shop had a "no tax" sale this weekend on headsets. I had a gift certificate from my birthday and a store credit on some returned stuff.

Sigh. So a pair of Bose X came home with me.

Man, they work great and are comfortable. Oh heck, beyond comfortable. Why do they have to feel so good? Why darn it all, why? That's a lot of avgas I could have bought instead.

My opinion: $995 is too damn much, but man, I won't be taking them back.

I have been using and reasonably happy with Lightspeed 20XL. After a couple of hours, the 20XL feel like they are squeezing my head in, but they work fine.

One bad thing about the Bose: No cellphone or music inputs, which the Lightspeeds do have and work very well.
Attaboy,,,,enjoy save that hearing.

I purchased mine a couple of years ago with monthly payment at no interest. So paid for it over 12 months. Sure made it a lot less painfull overall. I agree would not trade them for any other.

One bad thing about the Bose: No cellphone or music inputs, which the Lightspeeds do have and work very well.[/QUOTE]

Congrats Larry. I've not found anything on a par with the Bose; 'specially for long trips of lots of flights in one day.

I use a remote for my cell which has a speaker in my ear and a small mic close by. Just put the mic in my earpiece and it works fine for short calls like getting clearances on the ground or calling ahead to tell someone you're on the way. For music, a lot of audio panels have a jack to pipe that into the plane.

Best,

Dave

Last edited:
Back