I got angry at CSRs today

There are less than intelligent people in every occupation. And in every occupation, even the best and brightest will make a mistake now and again. That includes line services, aircraft pilots, airport managers, bank tellers, waiters, doctors, nurses, air traffic controllers, etc.

I would submit that a history/trend of bad service at any given FBO has a lot more to do with management than it does the line service techs. That starts at the top and works its way down. The ones that routinely screw everything up do not last at an FBO where responsibility and intelligence leads from the top on down.

Perfect, good, bad, or ugly really has no bearing on you being the final authority and PIC. You should no sooner assume someone filled the tanks than you should assume there is oil in the engine or assume all the rudder linkage is intact skipping the preflight. Checking the critical components of your aircraft is a task unto itself that has nothing whatsoever to do with anything else.

I agree with the OP. I'd be kinda ****ed also. Expecting people not only to do their jobs but at least to do what they said they did is not too much to ask.

Incompetence like that can get someone killed one way or another. Sure it's the pilot's responsibility for safety of flight and the OP fulfilled his. But that person's boss' boss needs to know. I say B^2 because many times the boss is part of the problem.

Given the high level of competition among the FBOs at Centennial, I can't imagine this kind of performance would be tolerated.

I think it's extremely unfair to make that generalization.

I agree. Back in college I was a line guy at several airports. I took great pride in doing my job professionally and competently.

It's interesting that the FBO did not have a way to defuel. Although, to be honest, I cannot remember ever having to defuel an airplane, I am confident we had a way of doing so.

Last edited:
I agree. Back in college I was a line guy at several airports. I took great pride in dong my job professionally and competently.

It's interesting that the FBO did not have a way to defuel. Although, to be honest, I cannot remember ever having to defuel an airplane, I am confident we had a way of doing so.

I worked at a Signature location and we could defuel but since that is considered contaminating the truck it would either have to be empty or in the case of the airlines that truck could only be used on that airline until empty.

I had to pay the FBO to de-fuel enough fuel to make W&B with a heavy me and an even heavier DPE. It involved an accordion pump with leaky tubes that sprayed more fuel onto the ground than into the fuel cans. Messy and time consuming.

Back