I got a letter in the mail today

So how much did you save on car insurance?

Likely his notice that he no longer belongs to the League of Temporary Airmen

So I took mine and placed it into a nice clear cover to keep it nice a shiny and stowed away in my lap thingy attached to my medical. My buddy took his and put it in his wallet to show it off. His is no longer shiny and almost unreadable. Just giving you a heads up if you want it to stay shiny. :)

The feds look askance at the shiny ones during ramp checks on the premise that they're the fake ones.

Remember the joke "How you you find the pilot in a crowd? Wait a minute he'll tell you"? Same thing.

You opened and read it, it said they were suckers?

That was quick!

I almost never got mine. USPS guy dropped it outside my apt building, and a few days later our doorman found it and delivered it. No envelope, nothing, just the card they found from the ground :)

I turned in my flight instructor renewal papers middle of October 2012, and have still not gotten my plastic in the mail...

the renewal does show up in the airman database though...

I turned in my flight instructor renewal papers middle of October 2012, and have still not gotten my plastic in the mail...

the renewal does show up in the airman database though...

2012? I would've called the certification branch a looong time ago...

So I took mine and placed it into a nice clear cover to keep it nice a shiny and stowed away in my lap thingy attached to my medical. My buddy took his and put it in his wallet to show it off. His is no longer shiny and almost unreadable. Just giving you a heads up if you want it to stay shiny. :)

I don't care if mine looks good or not. I keep my pilot certificates and medical in my wallet so that I'm always ready to fly. There are times where things pop up to where I don't have the time to go get my "flying stuff" and make do with whatever is in whatever airplane I need to fly.

I don't care if mine looks good or not. I keep my pilot certificates and medical in my wallet so that I'm always ready to fly. There are times where things pop up to where I don't have the time to go get my "flying stuff" and make do with whatever is in whatever airplane I need to fly.

Yeah seriously. I have everything else I need in the plane already, so I can just hop in the car and run to the airport from work if I need to.

If you want to keep a shiny one, just add ratings.

Yeah, but your a pro. I still have to spend more time planning what I will do than it actually takes to do it. :D

I got one a couple days ago. Check ride on 12-27-13. Must be a mass mailing by the feds.

[I got a letter in the mail today] woohoo!

I'm sorry. You have 10 days to respond, but you can ask them to extend it. You may want to discuss with an attorney before you do to avoid unnecessarily incriminating yourself.

I'm finding that as more time passes the issue date of 2006 doesn't bother me as much.

Yeah seriously. I have everything else I need in the plane already, so I can just hop in the car and run to the airport from work if I need to.

Hot diggity dog, it just so happens I'm joining your group today.:yes:

All I've been able to get for almost three years has been a covered, open hangar. I go today to sign the rental agreement at a secured airport with my own hangar, with my own lock and key.:goofy:

Now, I'll be able to leave headsets in the cockpit, my "flying stuff" in there.... I also will be taking my late Dad's tool chest, roll top desk, air compressor, a jack or two, etc., etc., etc., to the hangar.:goofy:

BTW, I keep my plastic card in the envelope it came in, stored in my logbook wallet. Still looks like new, and I never go in the air without my logbook wallet.

Last edited:
I'm sorry. You have 10 days to respond, but you can ask them to extend it. You may want to discuss with an attorney before you do to avoid unnecessarily incriminating yourself.

The evidence is all over POA. It's too late for him! We nee to move on. :(

David

Back