I. flew. A plane!

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
So after a lot of back and forths (on my side) and weather related delays I had my first real lesson this morning (at 09:00est). Well its almost 18:00 and I'm still shaking from the awesomeness! Typical first lesson, straight and level, turns climbs and descents. Still overwhelming but I feel like I did a pretty good job. Also took gopro video which won't be exciting for y'all but I'll eventually post a little clip of it.

Wow. Talk about a good time!

So after a lot of back and forths (on my side) and weather related delays I had my first real lesson this morning (at 09:00est). Well its almost 18:00 and I'm still shaking from the awesomeness! Typical first lesson, straight and level, turns climbs and descents. Still overwhelming but I feel like I did a pretty good job. Also took gopro video which won't be exciting for y'all but I'll eventually post a little clip of it.

Wow. Talk about a good time!

KOOL.....:yes::cheers:

Congrats! Looking forward to the video, what'd you end up flying?

Awesome! I'm glad the weather cooperated this time. And video is always fun.

I think you underestimate the level of excitement we'll feel seeing it. I've been flying since 2004, and I still get a little boner everytime I hear of and/or see someone getting to experience flight for the first time.

I remember my first lesson. It was back in January, but I'm pretty sure I'll always remember it. Oh, and ANYONE flying a plane for the first time is exciting, especially on video...congrats!

Welcome to the addiction!

Sounds like you're hooked. Congrats!

Awesome! Glad you finally got up in the air. That letter to The Weather must have worked! :)

You definitely are hooked now. No going back now!

Enjoy it!

David

Congrats man. Hope the training goes well.

I've never smoked so what's more addicting, nicotine or flying?

I took a young man up for a discovery flight today who has only been on ONE airline flight in his life (early 20s). He handled most of the takeoff and flying, and he followed me through on a couple of landings. You couldn't wipe the grin off his face! I think we have a future pilot on our hands.

Good luck with your training.

I've never smoked so what's more addicting, nicotine or flying?

Idk, but flying withdrawal can be pretty dangerous. Nearly blew a red light into some pretty heavy traffic while watching a KC-135 on short final to McConnell AFB after not flying for a while. Luckily, I was on the way to a Citabria :D

Congrats. I'll never forget my first time. Instructor got it on the runway and said "ok take off and get us in the sky" lol. Fun times.

Back