I feel like I've been throuogh a wringer... but...

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
I passed my PP-RH checkride today...

The oral was close to 2 hours (sheeeeesh) and the flight test 1.2. I think he made me do almost everything in the PTS, but showed me a few things as well.

I feel like a huge weight is off these aging shoulders!

8/22/2001 - first airplane lesson (age 58)
12/18/2002 - PP-ASEL (age 59)
7/29/2003 - intro helicopter lesson (60th birthday)
8/25/2004 - first real helicopter lesson (age 61)
6/16/2005 - PP-RH (still age 61!)

Not bad for an old fart :happydance:

Excellent Job Bob! You'll have to give us a play by play. Now you can bring the R-22 up to Wings for my next fly in all by your lonesome!

WOOHOO!! Congratulations!

Coincidentally my local pal, Kay, passed her checkride today. A very nice day in many ways.

:cheers:

RotaryWingBob said:

The oral was close to 2 hours (sheeeeesh) and the flight test 1.2. I think he made me do almost everything in the PTS, but showed me a few things as well.

A great big congrats to you. Never to old to learn or have fun.:yes:

Bob,

What a great accomplishment! Congrats! I want a ride!

Anthony said:
Bob,

What a great accomplishment! Congrats! I want a ride!
Your's for the asking, Anthony. Get your butt out here and we'll go flying! And go to Ludwig's Corner afterward :cheers:

AdamZ said:
Excellent Job Bob! You'll have to give us a play by play. Now you can bring the R-22 up to Wings for my next fly in all by your lonesome!
Thanks, Adam. I would have flown it out there last time but I got scared off by the forecast surface winds (which never materialized...). These little Robinsons can get pretty squirrelly, particularly solo.

Now what I need is a rich uncle to leave me a turbine helicopter, money for Jet-A, and for the maintenance!

Way to go. What a great accomplishment. To have that wt lifted...priceless.

I take it your birthday is 7/29. If so, how'd you age one year 'tween August and January?

Richard said:
Way to go. What a great accomplishment. To have that wt lifted...priceless.

I take it your birthday is 7/29. If so, how'd you age one year 'tween August and January?
Thanks. Did I screw up the math? My brain is drained at the moment!

Congrats on the new ticket! Not sure I'd have the nerve to fly one of those, what with the wings twirlin' and all.... must be a handful (or is that two? Collective, cyclic..... prayer beads......:D ).

Congratulations Bob! Having read, with interest (because I want to be a rotorhead too!), your exploits; I'm glad you got the prize.

Now... Go fly some more!

RotaryWingBob said:

So, how is it flying with Depends on?:D

Congratulations Bob!

That's definitely on my list of things to do someday.

:heli:

T Bone said:
Congrats on the new ticket! Not sure I'd have the nerve to fly one of those, what with the wings twirlin' and all.... must be a handful (or is that two? Collective, cyclic..... prayer beads......:D ).
Yeah -- feet, hands all independent, but serious fun! And thanks!

silver-eagle said:
Congratulations Bob! Having read, with interest (because I want to be a rotorhead too!), your exploits; I'm glad you got the prize.

Now... Go fly some more!
I hope you go for it! A friend once put it that airplanes are for going places, but helicopters are for fun!

RotaryWingBob said:
Your's for the asking, Anthony. Get your butt out here and we'll go flying! And go to Ludwig's Corner afterward :cheers:

Deal! Can't wait!

Wow! Congratulations!! And to think that young people think we're over the hill. They have no idea. ;)

Judy

Let'sgoflying! said:
Old Farts Rule! (I'm getting close if not there)

I'm certain I've arrived. Way to go Bob!:yes: You're moving through the ratings a lot faster than I did.

Back