I fawed down

No big deal, just get a harness and suck it up. NFL players play every week with dislocations. *snort*:lol:

Awe-Jeeezs, this must not be one of your better days.

Hope it was a night mare and you wake up soon, or feel better really quick.

I reversed the mouse buttons and found the accessabilty options in Windows - Sticky Keys cause I can't do ctl alt del - so I should be able to work after a fashion.

Even eating one handed left handed is tough.

Somethings are hard to do one-handed ... tying shoes ... buttoning pants ... Eating with knife and fork at the same time.

but it could be worse ... if you had to get by without using either hand you would find out who your real friends are when you need to go to bathroom.

I was chatting with one of my neighbors when another neighbor stopped by. He had one of those casts on his arm that held his arm out at about shoulder level with a brach attached to his hip to help hold it all up. I asked him, "What the **** happened to you?" He told me about the fight he had been in at a bar nearby, then he headed home. The other neighbor said, "Well, that story is a lot better than what really happened. He slipped on the wet grass in his front yard while he was mowing the lawn."

It's all about the presentation...

You know what, both of those stories involve adults falling down.

My skating coach (roller skating, yes you can do figure skating on wheels, and no I never got that far) told me that - as adults - we no longer know how to fall.

Watch kids fall. They don't brace themselves or tighten up. They just fall in a heap. She told me to fall like a kid, let the fall take me where it will. I also practiced falls and getting up in roller derby practices (no I never did that either I was going to be a referee).

This theory is proven by those drunk drivers who seem to always walk away from car crashes. They do not tense up.

My guess is both men sensed they were falling, and stuck out an arm to catch them / break the fall.

Next time you trip or something, act like a kid again. Could save your skin. Or bones.

Next time you trip or something, act like a kid again.

What, start crying hysterically?

--

I think I'd rather fall like my one-eyed cat after it trips going down the stairs - get a good tumble, look around to see if anyone is watching, then act like you did it on purpose.

My skating coach (roller skating, yes you can do figure skating on wheels, and no I never got that far) told me that - as adults - we no longer know how to fall.

Kids are too protected nowadays. They don't get outside thus the never learn to fall. Then they become adults who don't know how to fall because they never learned. Kids end up in the ER for a skinned knee nowadays. When I was growing up we washed the gravel and dirt off with the garden hose and kept playing. If we didn't have a garden hose, we wiped it off with our dirty jeans or tshirts and kept going.

Seriously, kids nowadays die horrible gory deaths from stuff that we consider total non-events. Safety playgrounds. Eh. Panzies. Those things are the leading cause of death in todays society. Our playgrounds had rough pavement and 1/4" loose gravel on top. If you ran like an idiot, you fell and you skinned yourself alive and learned that the ground hurt and you didn't do it again. Apply that to life later and you don't drive your car into stationary objects because you know it will hurt. I don't think there are more than a dozen kids nowadays that could survive playing in the barn like we use to. A 20ft drop to the lower level, just put a layer of hay bails there with 5ish inch gaps between them and at most you'll get winded really bad and will be back playing king of the hill in 5 minutes.

Kids are too protected nowadays. They don't get outside thus the never learn to fall. Then they become adults who don't know how to fall because they never learned. Kids end up in the ER for a skinned knee nowadays. When I was growing up we washed the gravel and dirt off with the garden hose and kept playing. If we didn't have a garden hose, we wiped it off with our dirty jeans or tshirts and kept going.

Seriously, kids nowadays die horrible gory deaths from stuff that we consider total non-events. Safety playgrounds. Eh. Panzies. Those things are the leading cause of death in todays society. Our playgrounds had rough pavement and 1/4" loose gravel on top. If you ran like an idiot, you fell and you skinned yourself alive and learned that the ground hurt and you didn't do it again. Apply that to life later and you don't drive your car into stationary objects because you know it will hurt. I don't think there are more than a dozen kids nowadays that could survive playing in the barn like we use to. A 20ft drop to the lower level, just put a layer of hay bails there with 5ish inch gaps between them and at most you'll get winded really bad and will be back playing king of the hill in 5 minutes.

I played at least half a dozen sports (or more if you include self defense, ballet, tap, gymnastics, and horeseback riding). I went outside to play by the tree / park in front each day. I skateboarded / biked / roller skated. I agree with you that things are different now. We had a swing set in my yard and would jump off to see who could fling themselves the farthest. We also did slip and slide, basketball, and other stuff in my yard. At my slumber parties all the girls had a bike or scooter or tricycle and we would pedal around my garage in circles all night until we fell asleep.

Didn't you discover that back in high school?

Meet my neighbor. He mentioned that. Mr. Scatological. When he saw the lady with flippers for arms his first thought was wondering how she wiped.

TMI. I haven't had to figure it out yet.

Meet my neighbor. He mentioned that. Mr. Scatological. When he saw the lady with flippers for arms his first thought was wondering how she wiped.

TMI. I haven't had to figure it out yet.

You haven't pooped in several days?

So did I. Trying to climb out of a dirt bunker on #9 today when my trick knee buckled. Hurt like hell and probably looked like an octopus falling out of a tree. When the guys I was playing with asked if I was OK, I told them I wasn't sure. Couldn't finish the hole and had to sit for a few minutes until it stopped throbbing, then could barely limp back to the cart.

Had trouble depressing the accelerator pedal during the drive back to the clubhouse, then hobbled to the counter for water to wash down two advil tablets. Went to mens room to check for swelling and/or any indications of more damage, but none noted. It doesn't hurt much now, but tomorrow will most likely be a different story. Stay tuned.

PS: Shortened up my swing in order to play one-legged, shot 41 on the back.

I would have given you good drugs and you would have had a happy ride to the hospital.:D

They gave three squirts of the stuff in my nose. It only helped a little. I told them I'd pass on the 3rd hit but gave in on the bouncy ride.

It was the Jerry Lewis endorsed Deladid that took me to happy land pre- shoulder pop in.

I was most miserable because I was dying for a drink of water.

Ah yes. Butorphanol. Very helpful as that one is NOT supposed to make you Respiratorily arrest. :)

Ah yes. Butorphanol. Very helpful as that one is NOT supposed to make you Respiratorily arrest. :)

They panicked because my BP dropped and I turned colors as we got there. That's why they called me in as a level 2 trauma. *I* thought I was going.

The good news is I discovered it's possible to get and out of an ED in two hours. With my step-daughter I knew any visit had to be 4 hours.

ER not ED right?

That does make me laugh though. You don't happen to ride a BMW motorcycle do you? ;)

ER not ED right?

That does make me laugh though. You don't happen to ride a BMW motorcycle do you? ;)

Nope, smart guy. ERs became EDs since I was a health network guru nigh on 20 years ago. I guess they didn't like being a room.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back