I Don't Think So Skippy ...

Daleandee

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dale Andee
BONANZA H35 COMPLETE PROJECT • ACCEPTING OFFERS • Last annual 1993, last flown '94. 1957 H35 bonanza. 3400 TTAF, continental o-470-g 191smoh, mccauley 2 blade 25smoh. Cleveland Brakes, M series tips, flap and aileron gap seals, smith and beech tail mods. Last flown in '94 so old radios and interior. Motor spins free and has chrome cylinders. Wings and Tail are CLEAN inside but fuselage has several isolated areas of corrosion caused by mice nest/urine. • Contact Aaron Vanschoiack , - located Brush Prairie, WA 98606 United States • Telephone: 5033958790 • Posted November 22, 2023 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Images

Needs a price to be in the classfieds section.

Me talking to the guy would sound like this:

Me: “For $5k I’ll take it off your hands.”

Guy: “Deal! Best offer I’ve received!”

Me: “Ok. So how do you want to pay me?”

Guy: “Wait…you want ME to pay YOU $5k???!!!”

Me: “Yep. Then I’ll take it off your hands.”

Guy: “Well…you’re still the best offer I’ve received so…”

Lol

Well at least he's being up front about it instead of wasting everyone's time. Ruddervators are worth 5-10K IF they're good. Engine probably has some value as a core. It's obviously a parts plane, but there's enough value there that I wouldn't just give it the chainsaw/scrapyard treatment.

It's a shame though. Somebody loved it enough to give it a new engine and prop thirty years ago. Fifteen years ago it was probably still a flier. Time has no mercy.

Don't think @Daleandee is selling it. Particularly given the thread title.

Correct ... it's listed as a project. It's a shame to let an airplane get into a condition where it's only good for parts and even those parts would be highly suspect given the history of rodents nesting in the plane.

But as Jim pointed out, at least the seller is being upfront about what he has for sale ...

Kind of reminds me of this tripacer that was listed a few days ago on TAP asking $11.5...
1701471679903.png

Commentary: "The plane has been stored in an open hanger for a number of years and the control surfaces now need to be recovered"... "There is a bit of damage to the right flap, but is fixable."... Logbooks missing.

And somehow that reconciles with:
1701471653862.png
The wings and parts of the fuselage look like they're coated in moss or algae. Yet somehow still "very good condition" and listing it as an IFR airplane?

I don't think so...

Back