I didn't realize how old the Cirrus Vision Jet is

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
I was going through my sons old matchbox collection and he has a die cast Cirrus Vision jet in there.
It must be around 9 years old.

Strange they already had the merchandising in place but it has only recently been in the news as far as I am aware.

Wonder what I am not paying attention to right now that is going to be big in 9 years.

I was going through my sons old matchbox collection and he has a die cast Cirrus Vision jet in there.

Strange they already had the merchandising in place but it has only recently been in the news as far as I am aware.

Wonder what I am not paying attention to right now that is going to be big in 9 years.
Collect up all those useless eclipse glasses and sell them for big profit in 7 years.

Collect up all those useless eclipse glasses and sell them for big profit in 7 years.
I had that discussion yesterday.
I think they have expiration dates though so that might make it a fruitless effort.

If they keep delaying - I just might be able to afford one when they finally come out!

They are out. At least 3 sightings in local fields around here this week.

ah, but you fly at places that have red carpet and cold bottled water. for the rest of us pee-ons who fly at weed-infested backwoods strips, no sightings as of yet.

I fly near those places. The place I keep the Grumman has a runway that needs frequent mowing even though it is paved.

I didn't realize matchbox made planes, I thought hot wings was the only game in town. Time to order some... for the children...

CGG21_Cirrus_Vision.jpg

That jet design has changed hands more than once.

I was making prototype tooling for that plane in the 1990s

They are out. At least 3 sightings in local fields around here this week.

ah, but you fly at places that have red carpet and cold bottled water. for the rest of us pee-ons who fly at weed-infested backwoods strips, no sightings as of yet.

They've been flying one into APA regularly for demos of the thing for existing Cirri customers.

There's at least two of us from my club that flew to OSH this year and were damn impressed with that plane -and I never thought I would ever say that about a Cirrus product.

I'm thinking I should find 3 partners and order one. Now the challenge is to find three pilots that want bragging rights they own a jet, but really never want to fly it. :D

If I recall correctly, Cirrus already built a prototype around 2007 or 2008. Then the economy went bust, buyers vanished and Cirrus nearly folded. Later, the jet was redesigned pretty much from scratch, after Cirrus was bought by the Chinese company

I really like the Matchbox toy, and the $2.99 price tag makes it even more special.

Karen and traveled to Duluth for the annual "migration" in 2007, where the mockup was introduced to the public for the first time:

14063856742_64c7f44f50.jpg

I don't think anyone thought it would take 11 years to become a reality.

As an aside, we flew up there in a Cirrus I had recently sold. I thought that was quite generous of the new owners to let us use it, but also personifies what is a pretty close knit group of owners and pilots.

Back