I didn't get to fly IFR but VFR was even better

Turbo

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
77FOX
Today I took a cross country down to London-Corbin Airport in London Kentucky (LOZ).

I had originally planned to fly an IFR cross country up to LUK, but because of the high likelihood of ice up northerly, I decided to cancel.:mad2:

My instructor insisted I fly a VFR cross country away from the adverse conditions in order to knock out some of the 50 hour req and PIC time for my IR.

My girlfriend is currently pursuing her PP and scheduled to fly with her instructor the same time/day that I planned with mine.

Her instructor actually ended up insisting she fly with me in order to gain some experience with talking to ATC.:rolleyes2:

So when we landed at LOZ, we see this restaurant to the left of the FBO and decided to grab a bite before heading back. :idea:
One of the greatest places Ive ever eaten. The atmosphere at this place is relaxing and the people are very friendly. Definitely recommend stopping by London-Corbin Airport if you ever get the chance.
here's a link to their website:
http://www.london-corbinairport.com/the-hangar-restaurant.html
(I posted it in cool places as well)

Definitely a great day, woke up thinking I would be flying for 3 hours with foggles on and ended up having a fun flight and awesome lunch with my girlfriend. :thumbsup::smilewinkgrin::lol:

Glad to see the flight went well and you had a good time.

Sounds like you had a great time. I have flown by and over London many times but have never stopped. I will have to change that. I am also thinking of flying into Rough River to camp. Have you ever been there?

That's good to know.

When I've refueled in Kentucky, I used Danville KDVK because the fuel was cheap, and I brought my lunch. If I want to eat at a restaurant, now I'll know to stop at KLOZ instead.

I have family in Berea and usually go to I39 to meet them. Took a ride south to loz one day but the cafe was closed. Plan on returning there in the summer to sample the menu

That's so cool your gf is going for her ppl !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you had a great time. I have flown by and over London many times but have never stopped. I will have to change that. I am also thinking of flying into Rough River to camp. Have you ever been there?

Personally, Ive never been but continue to hear great things. I plan to go sometime soon.

Back