I did it, again.

Seanaldinho

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Yerp
Passed my SEL add on ride today. Such a relief to be done with it.

I know I had quite an absence from the board so heres a quick run down of the drama involving my add on.

In June of 2013 I received a scholarship for 20 hours of flying (up to solo). I eagerly jumped on the opportunity and milked it for all 20 hours. Then school started and I had to slow down my flying a bit and was shooting to be done by New Years but do to aircraft maintenance problems couldn't finish all the requirements for the test. Next I shot for spring break for 2 reasons: 1 I could fly enough to be comfortable taking the check ride and 2 my written expired at the end of that month. Anyways the friday of my week long spring break I was confident and showed up for my check ride where the DPE discovered my instructor and I had made a mistake. We counted some flights of less than the required distance as cross country. As a result i was 2.5 short for XC time.

This meant my written would expire before I could take the check ride. Yippee for me.

What ensued was a tough last semester of school, finals, summer job, familial obligations and etc that resulted in me not taking the written again until July and me not flying again until the start of August. But after a 5 month hiatus I was check ride ready within 3 hours and passed today with no problems whatsoever.

Oh and just to put in perspective how stressed Ive been since Aug 1, my degree program (ATC) at UND requires me to earn my PPL and I will be leaving for UND in 6 days. If I hadn't passed before then it would've been christmas or next summer before I could finish it.

Twas a good day indeed.

Congrats, Its a good feeling to pass the ride with flying colors. Best of luck on your next endeavor.

Congrats! My son let his written expire as well, he retook it last week and scored better than he did 2 years ago, now if he will just finish! :D

Congrats! My son let his written expire as well, he retook it last week and scored better than he did 2 years ago, now if he will just finish! :D

I did better than my first time around as well, and to be honest I was surprised. I half heartedly studied for a week and crammed for about a day. I was comfortable I would pass just wasn't sure by what margin.

Feels great though.

Good job! Will you have access to an airplane in Grand Forks? I like that airport and town, and it should be a good place to fly from this Fall (at least until the snow flies), so take your "license to learn" and use it.

Happy landings.

Honestly, Im not really sure if I will have access to one. The FBO has a 172 with a G1000 at 99/hr dry. Other than that its kinda up in the air. Im looking forward to it though.

Back