I cleaned my belly tonight.

Challenged

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Challenged
Well, only half of it before I ran out of time..hoping for an extra 10 or 20 knots now :) It was a rainy day, so no flying for me, but I still got to spend some time with the plane this way. I use the red Wash & Wax All, which seems to work fairly well.

Creeper, goggles, a bottle of Fantastic or 409 and a towel you don't want to wash in your washer unless your spouse is not home. ;)

You guys that rent have no idea the fun you are missing. :D

Last edited:
GOJO without pumice. Wipe on. Wipe off. Absolutely the best guaranteed!

Bob

I always used mineral spirits to clean bellys with. Takes the junk right off and takes alot less time IMO.

I'm still waiting on David to come and wash and wax mine in an hour and a half, I'd ice the beer down for him but lucky for me he's not old enough to drink it.

I use the Red Wash Wax All, but they now have a belly cleaner product I might try also. I use the Blue for everything else. Water hasn't touched my plane in 12 years except when I have flown in the rain.

I use to dump my fuel samples into a plastic bottle and use the 100LL as a solvent and cleaner. It will remove oil stains very easily.

It's actually cheaper than the commercial solvents available and gives use to the fuel samples rather than dumping them.

Mods, please merge with the "Man in the shower" thread.

Thanks.

Thanks for the tips on the GOJO. There was a few really rough, nasty spots that I could not elbow out with the Wash & Wax All, so I went to the store and picked up some GOJO and it worked great. I was so inspired, I even polished my spinner. Now if only the weather would cooperate this weekend so I can enjoy my newly cleaned plane...

Just be careful to rinse extensively after using Formula 409, Simple Green, etc. Their pH is not adjusted, and leaving them on exposed aluminum or allowing it to seep through seams or around rivets will cause corrosion in short order.

Correct, simple green for aircraft and belly cleaner from Spruce have their pH adjusted. Avition Consumer did some great experiments to show the rate of corrosion with various cleaners.

Negative problems with GOJO. No harsh chemicals and it is as safe to use on your aircraft as it is on your hands. I have tried it all and GOJO is the way to go...just make sure it's the "no pumice" kind. I smear it on with a shop towel from front to back then go back and wipe it off. Squeaky clean!:thumbsup:

Bob

Last edited:
spray on gunk, scrub with a micro fiber brush, hose it off. if you have good paint it won't hurt it, if you don't it doesn't matter anyway.

I use to dump my fuel samples into a plastic bottle and use the 100LL as a solvent and cleaner. It will remove oil stains very easily.

It's actually cheaper than the commercial solvents available and gives use to the fuel samples rather than dumping them.

I took your suggestion a month or two ago on this, and cleaned my belly last week with 100LL in a spray bottle and a rag. Very fast, and no residue.

I took your suggestion a month or two ago on this, and cleaned my belly last week with 100LL in a spray bottle and a rag. Very fast, and no residue.

I know that what I type has little chance of altering your choice but having been on fire and working with flammable material all my adult life, here it is: This is just an accident waiting to happen. Break the chain now and don't do it again. It's one of those things that you can get away with for a long time and then one day it burns you, literally.

Back