I can't find the video...

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
...of the guy who was skud-running (well, not really skud-running because he was in the clouds) and comes out of the clouds just in time to brush his wing in some scrub on the side of a mountain, then later on there's footage of it sitting at an airport with the right wing all tweaked...and IIRC...the dipchits were laughing about it.

It's been a quite while since I've seen it and I want to show Gerri a vid of a really stupid pilot trick.

I've searched the interwebz every which way but loose and can't find it...

Hell, yeah!!...that's the one, thanks.

and, actually, that's likely the first time I've ever seen the term "near miss" used properly.

since a near miss

is a hit!

I used to struggle with near-miss thinking that it implied that they nearly missed meeting they actually hit. I think what it actually means is they missed but we're very near to each other thinking of it that way I've come to terms with using this phrase

And, when you "nearly missed an exit" you actually end up taking the exit, you did not actually miss it

Anyone here ever listens to NPR, their program "a way with words", is great. One of us should call it and raise this most critical point

And, when you "nearly missed an exit" you actually end up taking the exit, you did not actually miss it

Anyone here ever listens to NPR, their program "a way with words", is great. One of us should call it and raise this most critical point
Is that an exit while you’re driving on the parkway, or parking in the driveway?

@timwinters, Thank you for wanting to see that again and @simtech, thanks for posting it.

I'm saving that as a classroom resource for any future ground schools that I might be a part of.

Saw this video years ago ... the "luck buckets" on all three of those guys were completely emptied, and by the laughing at the end, the "experience buckets" had a net zero gain. What maybe 6 feet further right of course and they'd be a Kobe story ....

I wish I was kidding, but the pilot of the plane later engaged the services of a PR person to spread a convoluted story about what you just saw here:
- he didn't hit no mountain
- the broken lens you see in the video wasn't broken
- the visibility was just peachy
- the guys in the back where some kind of AlQaeda agents who tried to extort him with this CGI job
- the guys in the back cannot be talked to because 'the government' made them disappear
- the FAA investigated all this and gave him an atta-boy.

Given that the L39 off his wing was flown by David Riggs and the fact that stupidity is contagious, I am more inclined to think that the video shows shows exactly what happened.

Anyone get the tail number off of that thing? N65 something. I'd like to look this up.

I wish I was kidding, but the pilot of the plane later engaged the services of a PR person to spread a convoluted story about what you just saw here:
- he didn't hit no mountain
- the broken lens you see in the video wasn't broken
- the visibility was just peachy
- the guys in the back where some kind of AlQaeda agents who tried to extort him with this CGI job
- the guys in the back cannot be talked to because 'the government' made them disappear
- the FAA investigated all this and gave him an atta-boy.

Given that the L39 off his wing was flown by David Riggs and the fact that stupidity is contagious, I am more inclined to think that the video shows shows exactly what happened.
That is absolutely crazy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back