I can't believe I'm not doing this!

Oldmanb777

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Oldmanb777
But its for the best. A straight 36 Bo that I had a partnership in for a while. she is a great plane. Flys well and true. Wonderful Bo. Bit of a land lover over at high DA's. Anyway the long story. The other partner paid all the bills. I did all the work. It was good. So he lost his medical, Parkinsons. I couldn't afford (at the time) the airplane on my own . So We went separate ways. He believed his son would learn and use the plane. His son couldn't pass even the 3rd class. so the airplane has sat since I flew it last many, many years ago. So now they would like to get it up and flying again. They will pay all the costs of all the parts, and I could have 1/2 ownership for doing the work and managing all the rebuild. Well its a dream come true that I can't do. I have too many irons in the fire to take on this project. The airplane will need engine and prop and all new avionics and interior. Just basically a total rebuild. The paint is decent. I really don't have a need or a use for an airplane. Other than just fun flying. For the first time in my life I could actually afford it. But a project I just can't do at the moment. I'm losing sleep over it and crying at the same time. Guess dreams will have to be sufficient.

Well its a dream come true that I can't do. I have too many irons in the fire to take on this project.

When you’re living in the retirement home reminiscing about your life, which will you regret more, not doing the Bo project or letting those irons get cold?

I guess it's good that you have the mental stamina to admit that this isn't for you right now, but DAMN!
I love my A36 and can't imagine being able to pass that up if I was in your shoes.

That sounds like a lot of work in total. But with engine, prop, and avionics you'll have months of waiting on parts and other shops.

Does spreading the work out over the year or so its likely to take anyway make it seem more doable?

The Bo will need a ground up reconditioning. So probably in a hanger fo considerably longer than a year. Working on it. I have too many unfinished projects going on.
We are trying to downsize. I'm about 90% done with whole house remodel. Then we will move into it. at that time I will need to do some remodeling of the place we live in now and get it sold. And others. I have done several planes over the years. All of them took lots more work than planned as well as $$$$. Yes i would love to have it again, but just can't take it on. 3 yrs from now, maybe.

Back