I can't be the only one who's noticed...

Lindberg

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Lindberg
that there are certain members who seem to only start threads based on well trod questions that are nevertheless sure to start a passionate debate.

"I was hanging around the airport today, and some old guy who probably didn't have a medical told me that low-wing planes are must less likely to have a gear up if you do touch-and-goes after running up without pulling out of your tie down without carb heat. What do you guys think?"

guy be too old and lost brain cells

You are Not the only one to notice,, Because I am sure that I am Noticing one right Now!
This thread of yours seems to qualify You to be such a Certain Member!
Thank you for playing!

I am sure someone will be along soon to tell you how wrong you aren't......;)

30-50 year old kids on the Internet.... What is the point of this topic?

"I was hanging around the airport today, and some old guy who probably didn't have a medical told me that low-wing planes are must less likely to have a gear up if you do touch-and-goes after running up without pulling out of your tie down without carb heat. What do you guys think?"
Is there a treadmill involved?

Been that way for awhile. Nothing new. I can think of one member in particular who has started two threads in the past couple of weeks that seems to write some sort of rhetoric to start-up controversy. Makes for good reading material ;)

Last edited:

First, you accuse someone of not having a medical. Why would you assume that? You do know what assume stands for right? Second, well yeah, low wing can't see the gear so it's potluck on landings, I mean, up or down, who knows but I'm going in anyway. Third, run ups are so out man, no one does them anymore. If they do a run up, it's on departure roll. Best to check under take off power don't ya think? And lastly, there are no carbs anymore as food processors have eliminated carbs out of our foods.

Last edited:
What's "A" carb heat?[/QUOTE]
First, you accuse someone of not having a medical. Why would you assume that? You do know what assume stands for right? Second, well yeah, low wing can't see the gear so it's potluck on landings, I mean, up or down, who knows but I'm going in anyway. Third, run ups are so out man, no one does them anymore. If they do a run up, it's on departure roll. Best to check under take off power don't ya think? And lastly, there are no carbs anymore as food processors have eliminated carbs out of our foods.

Indeed!!! Carbs,,,, and those Gloutons,,,,,!!! Oh , My!!!!!
And I was planning for a Spiggity dinner tonight.. What was I thinking??????

The OP Is a Troll... I was nice before,,,,, but now I say it!!!

I hate it when someone logs IFR on the Internet.

So all foods are fuel injected now..??:confused:

I like to gain a little extra altitude then descend and gain a little extra airspeed. It lets me fly faster on long flights.

I like to gain a little extra altitude then descend and gain a little extra airspeed. It lets me fly faster on long flights.

I knew pilots at the airline that would do that, overshoot assigned altitude by 200' then descend back down to gain speed. Thought it was stupid and still do. Not what you're doing, that's fine, but these guys that did this out of ATL on departure. I mean we were paid by the minute, what's the ****ing hurry?

I want to be able to take off and land from unimproved fuels in less than 150 feet, cruise at 300 knots while burning 8-9.4 gph while I carry five kids and my in laws. What plane should I get? High wing or canard? The wife wants it available in metal flake brown as well. Thanks.

I knew pilots at the airline that would do that, overshoot assigned altitude by 200' then descend back down to gain speed. Thought it was stupid and still do. Not what you're doing, that's fine, but these guys that did this out of ATL on departure. I mean we were paid by the minute, what's the ****ing hurry?
Exactly what I was describing. I'm not gullible enough to believe crap like that. I had an instructor teach me to do it, but I think he often flew intoxicated too.

I want to be able to take off and land from unimproved fuels in less than 150 feet, cruise at 300 knots while burning 8-9.4 gph while I carry five kids and my in laws. What plane should I get? High wing or canard? The wife wants it available in metal flake brown as well. Thanks.

Turbine power Maule.

Turbine power Maule.

Close... not really.

that there are certain members who seem to only start threads based on well trod questions that are nevertheless sure to start a passionate debate.

This has been the case as long as I've been on PoA, and probably before that.

Trolling is against the RoC, but the MC does not read every post and every thread within every post (remember, we try to enjoy the site, too). So if you see someone that's trolling, click "Report" and report the post. Most reports result in some sort of action taken.

Before I was on the MC I didn't report much. Now that I'm on the MC, I wish I'd reported more posts before.

This has been the case as long as I've been on PoA, and probably before that.

Trolling is against the RoC, but the MC does not read every post and every thread within every post (remember, we try to enjoy the site, too). So if you see someone that's trolling, click "Report" and report the post. Most reports result in some sort of action taken.

Before I was on the MC I didn't report much. Now that I'm on the MC, I wish I'd reported more posts before.
Reported

How old were they?

What you describe is the old piston propliner way of transitioning to cruise (DC-6/B377/Connie...etc). I've never heard of jet guys doing it.

How old were they?

What you describe is the old piston propliner way of transitioning to cruise (DC-6/B377/Connie...etc). I've never heard of jet guys doing it.
My Altimatic IIIc does it automatically...

Back