I bought an airplane (no really)

AdamB

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
AdamB
Well, after months and months of discussions and searching for additional partners, I'm now the proud owner (1/4 share) of a 1986 Trinidad TB21.
It all started late last year with a friend of mine who has been a 1/4 share partner in the plane for the last 7-8 years.
Their partnership is breaking up and selling the plane. He wanted to keep the plane, and started asking around looking for new
partners to make that possible. The group of partners we've gathered are all people we've known for some time, and while that's no
guarantee, it's certainly better then total strangers.
As of today the purchase and sale has been agreed to, the pre-purchase inspection is complete with no major issues found, and we now also have a fresh annual.
We close sometime late this week or early next and can take delivery of the plane then.

Some basic specs:
2000 TTAF
70 SMOH Lycoming TIO-540
Garmin 530
King RNAV
Dual GS
King COM
3M Stormscope
Shadin Fuel Flow
Gem engine monitor
HSI
King AP
King ADF
King Transponder
4 place O2
Prop deice

Attachments

• fnt_right.jpg
    fnt_right.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 79
  • panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 73
Let me be the first to congratulate you in this thread! Looking forward to seeing you two at Gastons in that plane!:yes:

That looks like an awesome airplane! Kind of puts my newly purchased 1/3 share of a Cherokee 140 to shame!:mad3: Well I can still beat you in the lowest fuel burn rate contest...at least per hour if not per mile!!:smilewinkgrin:

Congratulations!!:yesnod:

You know I get the first Ride at Wings Flybq next year right! Congrats my friend fly her to many many wonderful places!

BTW who is Linda?

I get the second ride,... in exchange for the Diamond Ride I gave you at the BBQ :smilewinkgrin:

CONGRATS!!

Sweet ride Adam! The numbers look great 2000TT and 70 SMOH, can't beat that. Garmin 530, should provide some fun instrument time.

I bet Marisol is happy, no more Skipper time!:D

You know I get the first Ride at Wings Flybq next year right! Congrats my friend fly her to many many wonderful places!

BTW who is Linda?

You know I haven't the slightest of ideas on that. I sort of figured it's like one of those regrettable tattoos named after an ex-wife. :)

Of course being somewhat bi-lingual in Spanish, I'll just think of it as referring to my new baby as "Pretty" :D

I get the second ride,... in exchange for the Diamond Ride I gave you at the BBQ :smilewinkgrin:

Sounds like a fair trade.

CONGRATS!!

Sweet ride Adam! The numbers look great 2000TT and 70 SMOH, can't beat that. Garmin 530, should provide some fun instrument time.

I bet Marisol is happy, no more Skipper time!:D

Yeah she will be, no more fishtailing all the way home in rough air down low. :eek:

Woohoo! Congrats!

I want a ride in it. Can I borrow your turbo? :)

Awesome, I need a plane wait I need a job.

Congratulations!! Always liked the Trinidad/Tobago line and yours is quite nice. Way to go!

Gary

So, when are you and Marisol comming to Williamsport for dinner and airplane rides?

(I'm not waiting till the FlyBQ for my ride)

Well, after months and months of discussions and searching for additional partners, I'm now the proud owner (1/4 share) of a 1986 Trinidad TB21.

WHAT!!!??? You went and bought an airplane without first asking here so that we could tell you to buy a Luscombe or a Navion or a Cherokee or an Acrosport, or a twin Beech, or a ... ???:goofy:

(Looks like a real nice ride - I'm sure you will enjoy it.)

Borat-VeryNice.gif

Which engine do you want it for? Left? Right? :rofl:

If I borrow yours then I just need to find another plane to borrow a turbo from. Rembmer Brooklyn mechanic rule #1: if you need a part, just take it off the neighbor's car. ;)

Nice! They are nice planes for sure. Love the interiors and they are very comfortable. What engine is in it? Lyc IO-360?

Congrats!

Nice! They are nice planes for sure. Love the interiors and they are very comfortable. What engine is in it? Lyc IO-360?

Congrats!

Lyc TIO-540

Ooohhh... A TB-21. That was my #2 choice behind the Commander.

Congratulations. It's a really nice plane!

but it IS French, though... I'm just saying.... :D

Ooohhh... A TB-21. That was my #2 choice behind the Commander.

Congratulations. It's a really nice plane!

but it IS French, though... I'm just saying.... :D

:D
Not the first time I've heard that this week.

Back