I amti sll going been gone for a while.

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
A little update of what is going on in my life. I am still flying my 182 B all around the country. I will turn 89 in December of this year. I got me a dog at 82 to keep me out of the recliner and he is faithful at his job. I had a good time with Troy Whitham when he came out to Idaho to do a story about Octogenarians still flying in the back country of Idaho. It was good to spend time with Troy and we had a good time. I hope I can fly a few more years but time will tell. I think I will know when to call it quits, but I don't feel like quitting now.

Great to see you. I went looking for you on the purple board the other day in hopes of finding you still airborne.
It was great to meet you at Gaston's many years ago. You know Gaston's is next week. If you take off now you could be there by Friday ;)

Troy Whistman sorry for the mistake on the spelling of your last name I got confused.

I am afraid my days of making that 1250 mile cross country are all used up. I loved every time I did it though.

That’s awesome Bob. It’s been my pleasure watching your videos and meeting you at Gaston’s few years back too!

Bob, I hope I'm still in the air (one way or another) 7 years from now. Rather than a dog, I have a girlfriend :biggrin: .

Cheers

A little update of what is going on in my life. I am still flying my 182 B all around the country. I will turn 89 in December of this year. I got me a dog at 82 to keep me out of the recliner and he is faithful at his job. I had a good time with Troy Whitham when he came out to Idaho to do a story about Octogenarians still flying in the back country of Idaho. It was good to spend time with Troy and we had a good time. I hope I can fly a few more years but time will tell. I think I will know when to call it quits, but I don't feel like quitting now.

Sir, I don't know you and have never met you but I want to know:

- What did (or still do?) you do for a living?
- When did you start flying?
- What do you eat and what did you eat in your 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s?
- Did your parents mix something into your milk as a baby?

Still flying and passing medicals at 89, that's amazing. I know people half your age who are ready to move into a nursing home. I want to be able to say the same as you when I'm 89, hence the questions above.

I think Bobs key to life and I agree wholeheartedly is a good dog…after that it all falls into place or at least it does for me…

Bob, I don’t know you but this is absolutely wonderful to read! Keep flying and keep your spirit.

Abram Finkelstein
N685AS

Back