I am taking the plunge

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
As i have told some of you, I am planning on buying a single seat glider next week. Its a homebuilt recently restored in pretty good shape. Just was issued a new airworthiness certificate. Anyway, was wondering if any of you know if Falcon Insurance does glider insurance. I have joined EAA now, figured that now i will have no excuse not too. I dont think the major insurance companies cover gliders, but I have put a request for a quote in to Costello, they cover all the ships in our club.

Tony,

Contact

Kathy Petty
Falcon Insurance Agency, Inc.
Austin, TX
(800) 370-0557

She's my agent for the IAR and will find you the best quote. Falcon is only a broker and deals with several underwriters (what few still insure privately owned airplanes). They handle experimentals as well as factory jobs. I don't think it a glider is excluded as long as it has an FAA airworthiness certificate.

yup, it comes with a pretty nice enclosed trailer. needs a little work to make it really good for cross country flying, which i plan to do.

Congrats Tony! Now you'll have to glide to Gastons :D

Tony, I have always wondered about homebuilts: Who does the airworthiness inspection? I know that if you build your own, you can do it yourself, but otherwise, does any A&P do it?

Something that I have never asked before.

--Matt

gliding to gastons would be doable on an amazing day, not likely though. Matt, an A&P (IA) can do the annual (condition inspection, not technically an annual) or the builder can do it. Im not even sure if the builders of this glider are still alive, so basically it will be an A&P. For the issuance of the Airworthiness Certificate, it was inspected by the Airworthiness guy from the FSDO. Adam, roger and wilco. Look forward to flight reports

here ya go

Attachments

• Cherokee II ad.jpg
    Cherokee II ad.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 20
Awesome Tony!!

Congrats.

Congratulations Tony! Nice looking glider! Hopefully, soon you will be posting more pictures taken from the cockpit view as you are up soaring. Is this glider by any chance aerobatic?

no this one isnt diana. sorry. my instructors 2 seater is though, rated to positive 6 Gs. Only problem is no one in our club has gotten any training in acro so we dont do any. one of these days though...

Back