I am probably going to be murdered

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
So I was at an FBO having breakfast this morning and on the bulletin board amongst hundreds of flight training flyers, planes for sale, and business cards, was this little note that said: "I would really love to go for a ride in a plane"

I thought this was damn cute. probably some kid that was like me when I was little that goes to airports and watches planes takeoff and land dreaming about doing it one day.

I text the number and its is 42 year old man. He texted "I am poor, white, and want to go for a ride in a plane." Not what I expected.:hairraise:

Keep an ear out on 121.5 and my 7500 Squawk.

Also I have joined up with our local EAA chapter so I can share rides with young kids that are less likely to be murderers trying to steal a plane.

Maybe it's a 50 year old guy pretending to be a 21yr old girl pretending to be a 42 year old dude.

Probably the best flight I ever did was once at a grass strip here, just did some laps around the pattern for my currency, and was just putting the plane away when this older gentleman approached me and said "I grew up in Oak Ridge during the war, always wanted to see it from the air...wasn't allowed back then." Oak Ridge wasn't even on the maps during the war! Whole Manhattan Project thing and all...

I immediately said "Well, hop in!" and we did a nice ariel tour of the area with him giving me a history lesson while we flew.

Don't teach him how to open the door.:lol: Enjoy the adventure.

Fixed that for you.

HAHAH! Never crossed my mind.

However he sent another test stating "I guess if I was a 21 year old hot blond, I would have been up by now, I put that not there a month ago"

HAHAH! Never crossed my mind.

However he sent another test stating "I guess if I was a 21 year old hot blond, I would have been up by now, I put that not there a month ago"

See....I told you!

Flying does seem to be an interest of the older generation. The kids are into video games.

Old Eagles.

We've done a few EAA (local) fly-ins and things like the Dulles Plane Pull. We end up putting a lot of people in the seat of the plane (including a few United ramp rats who work around airplanes all the time but have never been in a GA one). If possible, sometimes we give short rides.

Took half the local volunteer fire company flying at the last airpark flying.

So I was at an FBO having breakfast this morning and on the bulletin board amongst hundreds of flight training flyers, planes for sale, and business cards, was this little note that said: "I would really love to go for a ride in a plane"

I thought this was damn cute. probably some kid that was like me when I was little that goes to airports and watches planes takeoff and land dreaming about doing it one day.

I text the number and its is 42 year old man. He texted "I am poor, white, and want to go for a ride in a plane." Not what I expected.:hairraise:

Keep an ear out on 121.5 and my 7500 Squawk.

Also I have joined up with our local EAA chapter so I can share rides with young kids that are less likely to be murderers trying to steal a plane.

That's too freakin' funny!!!

Good for you ,hope he doesn't destroy the airplane if he does you in.If you like passengers ,you will enjoy the eaa young eagle flights.

Probably the best flight I ever did was once at a grass strip here, just did some laps around the pattern for my currency, and was just putting the plane away when this older gentleman approached me and said "I grew up in Oak Ridge during the war, always wanted to see it from the air...wasn't allowed back then." Oak Ridge wasn't even on the maps during the war! Whole Manhattan Project thing and all...

I immediately said "Well, hop in!" and we did a nice ariel tour of the area with him giving me a history lesson while we flew.

Great story Jeff. I bet that was a very neat experience for that guy.

Good for you ,hope he doesn't destroy the airplane if he does you in.If you like passengers ,you will enjoy the eaa young eagle flights.

I like passengers. I keep going through phases.
Initially, just flying was such an Oh My God moment
Then solo. After I soloed, I was in that plane as often as possible
Got my ticket and I am on to passengers.

I am not crazy about flying with other pilots though. Everytime me and a pilot fly it is like "Well where do we want to go?" It is never about flying just to fly.
When I fly with non pilots, I get a lot out of just watching them take pics and letting them try their hand at flying.

I am going to fly solo tonight for the first time in about 30 hours and at night too (the first EAA meeting actually) should be a good last flight before I am chopped up and buried in a shallow grave by the anonymous future passenger I am now texting.

I am not crazy about flying with other pilots though. Everytime me and a pilot fly it is like "Well where do we want to go?" It is never about flying just to fly.

Well then you need to fly with me! :) I love boring holes in the sky. Best kind of flying.

well, I'm sorry to hear about your pending axe murdering.

We all like passengers since nobody in their right mind will fly with us .
Isn't that right eman ? :D
You are making someone very happy .:idea:

hopefully in that order.

Now all I can think about is the description of the Reavers from Firefly:

"If they take the ship, they'll rape us to death, eat our flesh and sew our skins into their clothing. And if we're very, very lucky, they'll do it in that order."

Flying does seem to be an interest of the older generation. The kids are into video games.

That does eme to be true.
We are responsible to keep the love of flying alive nd we spend so damn much time complying, earning enough to pay for flying, and flying someplace to do something, many times we forget to bring the next generations along for the ride.

We all like passengers since nobody in their right mind will fly with us .
Isn't that right eman ? :D
You are making someone very happy .:idea:

I would entertain an axe murderer as my first passenger, sure!

This thread has become hilarious. I like pilot dark senses of humor.

Hopefully his name is not Buffalo Bill

buffalo_bill_precious.jpg

"it puts the throttle to the firewall..."

Hopefully his name is not Buffalo Bill

buffalo_bill_precious.jpg

"it puts the throttle to the firewall..."

LMAO!!!

It puts the lotion on the yoke. It puts the lotion on the yoke!!

" would you fly me? (Puts lipstick on)... I'd fly me"

All kids are not into video games. My 7 yo granddaughter loves to fly with me. I think I have a budding pilot in the family.

Back