I am hooked

DaytonaLynn

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
One who misses Daytona!
Did my first IFR flight training this evening.

As a fairly new minted PPL and that I am older I had great fear and trepidation aout starting the training. In fact I strongly considered not attempting. Thank god for truthful friends and a loving encouraging wife.

My lesson tonight focused on VOR navigation, holding airpseped, descents and holding headings. What a blast. My CFII was very patient, explained processes very well for me and over all made this a great experience.

I know why IR pilots are considered lower risk pilots for insurance. The detail and precision it takes, I was and am in awe.

I do not have any illusions it's going to be easy as I progress, but I am pretty sure it will will be a fun and quite rewarding challenge.

Last edited:
It's well known that IFR Pilots are generally much better pilots than VFR only pilots, you're on a good flight path.... although in your location particularly, the seaplane rating would be a first or simultaneous choice for me.

Did my first IFR flight training this evening.

As a fairly new minted PPL and that I am older I had great fear and trepidation aout starting the training. In fact I strongly considered not attempting. Thank god for truthful friends and a loving encouraging wife.

My lesson tonight focused on VOR navigation, holding airpseped, descents and holding headings. What a blast. My CFII was very patient, explained processes very well for me and over all made this a great experience.

I know why IR pilots are considered lower risk pilots for insurance. The detail and precision it takes, I was and am in awe.

I do not have any illusions it's going to be easy as I progress, but I am pretty sure it will will be a fun and quite rewarding challenge.

Last edited:
Funny you say that. My buddy and I were talking about it just this week. Being from central Florida I'd probably go to jack browns and get certified. Jack was my DPE for my SPL.
I think it would be cool, IF one could rent a sea plane.

Funny you say that. My buddy and I were talking about it just this week. Being from central Florida I'd probably go to jack browns and get certified. Jack was my DPE for my SPL.
I think it would be cool, IF one could rent a sea plane.

You 're in a perfect place to start your own seaplane rental....

Hmm, wonder why it is no one rents them? I would love to rent one near the finger lakes of ny.
Then I would get my cert.

Hmm, wonder why it is no one rents them? I would love to rent one near the finger lakes of ny.

From what I am told, insurance prices is a major inhibitor for profitability of owning a rental sea plane.

Try Twitchels in Maine. There are places that rent seaplanes. Insurance is higher but reasonable, considering that what would be a relatively inexpensive incident in a SEL (such as dragging a wingtip or a hard nose landing) can often be a turned-turtle total loss in a SES and worse.

Back