I’m worried I messed up

T

throwaway

I hold a medical since last February and am now wrapping up my private pilot license. I just got signed into the beaumont website where I can look at my history and rediscovered a visit from 2019 that I completely forgot about. I banged my brow bone falling off a skateboard which was really dumb. It was diagnosed as a “ecchymosis of left orbital rim, initial encounter” and the lab results from the ct “There is extensive right periorbital preseptal soft tissue swelling. The
globes are intact. There is no retro-bulbar abnormality. No acute fracture.
Mild sinus mucosal disease.” “Right periorbital preseptal soft tissue swelling. Otherwise no acute
posttraumatic abnormality is identified.”

they just sent me home and said to use a ice pack and there was no concussion but i’m flipping out that I forgot about this. What is my best action?

Disclose it the next time you fill out Medxpress for a medical. You complete the form "to the best of your knowledge." You had a bruise and swelling that you forgot about.....

Only In trouble if said bump on the noggin caused you to forget to fill out right o_O

I'm just happy to see a post that doesn't starts with "I was driving down the road with a couple of hitchhikers and my brother in law, who distracted me as I ran over a cop on a bicycle and forgot that I accidentally injected myself with heroin an hour earlier, why is everyone out to get me".

Before you forget (again), you may want to go to the treating physician and get copies of all records, notes, scans, readings, etc.

You may never ever need to submit those items, but muuuuch simpler to already have them should you get a letter saying you need those items and you have 60 days starting 2 weeks ago to submit them.

Obtain the record. The AME will review it and comment ,
“Black eye”.
End of story.
Hi Bruce thank you, is this a wait till next medical kind of thing or a do it now situation? I’m very fearful of this situation because yeah I falsified the form and there could be consequences. I might reach out to you personally if you don’t mind. Thanks

See what Doc Bruce said and ease up.
I know what my AME would say. :sleep: I also know that some folks in this forum make mountains out of molehills and frighten people unnecessarily. I'm legitimately surprised that no one's yet told the OP he needs a psych exam and HIMS AME.

What follows is simply my opinion. I am not an AME.

It is so easy to forget some trips to a medical provider these days. Considering OSHA and workman’s comp rules that might drive an employer to mandate a trip to the local occupational health clinic for a minor work injury, I bet many have ended up with a possible FAA medical reportable trip to the doctor that they simply forgot about. Same with a weekend sports or other activity injury that one decides to trot off to a 24 hour clinic for a couple of stitches or a tetanus shot or other treatment. If such events are not reported due to an honest oversight, there will likely be zero FAA repercussions. They have more to worry about. Once you discover one of these minor omissions, add it to your next application. If the FAA catches it on their own somehow, explain it was such a minor event that it slipped your mind. If it was minor, they will be ok with your explanation.

However, if you “forget” a surgery, a cardiac event, a cancer diagnosis, a psych diagnosis, a drug overdose, or other more severe incidents, then you need to be concerned. The omission will likely be looked at as intentional and you are likely looking at not only losing your medical but also facing lying on a government form. Not a good thing.

Why people get so worked up over forgetting the small things is beyond me.

People are scared of forgetting to report a black eye as a child lol

“Skateboard abuse, refer airman to hims” lol

Why people get so worked up over forgetting the small things is beyond me.
Because they pay too much attention to POA and don't bother reading the form they signed or asking their AME. Same reason people come away with the impression they have to report going to counseling, every arrest, or every prescription they've ever had.

FWIW, my AME is happy to have a phone chat a few weeks before my exam to discuss what's happened in the past year and let me know what he'll need to see at the exam. Anyone whose AME isn't willing to do that might want to look for a different one.

One of the things I miss about military aviaition. If you fall down and get a boo boo, the doc taking care of you is also the doc that gives the down/up chit. No need to remember all of the things I may, or may not have done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back