I’m glad Christmas over

evapilotaz

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Drone airspace abuser
I have a love hate relationship with Christmas.
Love spending time with family, and friends. Love the meaning of Christmas but geezzzz is it stressful. I’m glad it’s over.

While I have a pretty good holidays routine going I so look forward to January 2nd every year...

Its getting worse with age.
If it weren’t for my ability to see humor in so many things, and liquor.....brrrr.

I would like to see us have one major (Christmas, New Years, July 4th, and Thanksgiving) holiday all rolled up into one week long holiday. In my business these all call for a work slowdown or stoppage and an excuse as to why things were not done..

But then again I am getting crankier with my old age...... and get off my lawn... :D

The usual for me. All four kids home plus four grandsons 6 and under. Now suffering from the crud one of the little ones “gave” to grandpa. o_O

We do a New Year’s brunch for pals every year. Mrs. Steingar is out of commission this year so the whole kibang is up to yours truly. Cooking, cleaning, everything. Can’t say I’m looking forward to it.

Yeah, it’s just another day for me. It’s really for the kids, so my family and I enjoy watching our nephews <ages 4 and 2> open their presents and light up with excitement.

Idk, I had a great Christmas, while the cash was flying i figured Santa and his sleigh deserved a few things...

A handheld radio for back up
A technical manual for the old bird
Ordered new solid axles for her
And bought A set of Skis to put her on! Lol.

My only problem with Christmas is that it starts in August! Freakin' Sam's had their trees out in August! I wouldn't mind so bad if they didn't cut the beer/liquor section by 50% to make room for them. :cool:

Our mascot

hqdefault.jpg

May she rest in peace.

We celebrate until Twelfth Night. (January 6)
Some friends arriving at noon today for lunch, outings to tour some of the local mansions this weekend.
Some kind of festivity every day.
Then I start taking everything down Jan 7.

12/27/19 - It's about time to start seeing Valentines Day candy at Walmart, isn't it?

We celebrate until Twelfth Night. (January 6)
Some friends arriving at noon today for lunch, outings to tour some of the local mansions this weekend.
Some kind of festivity every day.
Then I start taking everything down Jan 7.

Same here. My son is coming to visit this weekend and we'll do a big turkey dinner, planning some activities with friends next week, etc. Christmas is too much hassle to only enjoy one day of it! :D

Anphib or straight floats? Don't forget to get a hangar with a hoist to aid in removing and installing floats...:rolleyes:

Just a dream... I think I’d need more ponies for floats or be near the Mississippi River... one of the two! Lol

12/27/19 - It's about time to start seeing Valentines Day candy at Walmart, isn't it?

Just came from Walmart, and guess what they were all ready putting up.?? Yep, New Years Day decorations. I wonder why they waited so long.?? Oh yeah, Valentines decorations were still in containers but out where they could be seen.

The usual for me. All four kids home plus four grandsons 6 and under. Now suffering from the crud one of the little ones “gave” to grandpa. o_O

This is why I buy Purell in 55 gallon dispensers...

We make all the holidays an adventure. This year we drove from Alabama to Knoxville TN then to Williamsburg VA. We spent two days in VA Beach and drove on the boardwalk to see the lights on the beach. After that we went to Tappahanock to have breakfast with my sister and ended in Annapolis to see my TBS roommate and all his kids. That night we spent with another friend. On Monday I visited my Mother at her place in DC and took our Grandkids out for dinner and shopping. Christmas eve and Christmas with my son and his family and then home the day after. Almost 2000 miles and lots of fun, friends, and family. Tonight is dinner with the local "family" and then we get ready to invite them all over for NYE. I would have flown today but the rain came in early. It's on the planner for Monday after all the football this weekend.

Back