Hyte - The Uber of the air.

This sorta reads like commercial pilots, who meet their qualifications, will be something of an outside contractor who operates their personally owned aircraft on behalf of Hyte.

Is a part 135 operator permitted to do that?

For someone like you Dallas, their info reads like you'll need to be ready to absorb the costs and hassle of full bore 100-hr inspections.

Hey dell30rb. We don't require any of the pilots to own the aircraft. Basically works the same as a traditional leaseback where we find owners whose aircraft are able to meet the conformity inspection.

Click on the "how hyte works" button.

There's more on the site now than there was a month ago, so they look like they are making some kinda progress. They used to have some kinda application form for pilots that seems to be missing though. I sent one in. Sounds like a great way to build some hours to me if they can get customers.
Hey StinkBug! So sorry it's taking so long to get everything moving smoothly. There have been a few logistical hurdles we're trying to solve, in addition to the insurance conundrum. Determined to figure this out and still moving full steam ahead. Thanks for hanging in there with us man. We're going to make it happen at all costs. Blessings bro

- JB

Uber was teaming up in Europe with some large charter operators. It's just a new way to book things more than anything else. Presumably the undocumented "commercial" pilots and planes here are wrapped with a 135 certificate somewhere.

It's the same thing that Limo drivers and Taxi companies are realizing that they need to move the dispatch ahead to what people with the money are doing. To book a cab is unbelievably stupid around here versus punching up Uber.

If you read the ABOUT US section you'll see the principal ran into the HOLDING OUT issue before and should now be well aware of what he needs to do to do it right. All he needs is a network of those with 135 certificates whose willing to allow him to take orders.
Nope, that's not our business model. A single 135 Certificate with multiple aircraft on it, that presumably, we'll control. Email if you have any more questions. jb (a) hyteapp dot com

Yeah, their proofreading doesn't bode well for their attention to detail.
Yep, I meant compliant.. sorry - typing fast
All of you are right. A kid from high school.

I found this after some digging in the site:

"Hyte was an idea originally seeded when JB Adkins was in his senior year of high school. JB had recently earned his pilot’s license and was brainstorming creative ways to build flight time and experience. He printed up some flyers and began offering to fly his classmates to their spring and summer vacation destinations relatively cheaply, with up to 3 people. It was a hit…until he found out the FAA didn’t approve of his small time creative hustle (illegal)."

:lol::rolleyes2: How did he not care what "No more than Pro-rata" meant.
What can I say... I was young and dumb.. You got me

That's what I'm seeing too. And it's not a very sophisticated website.

The only thing I can possibly think of is that the company would assist owners in creating single pilot, single aircraft 135 operations and sell them the booking service and insurance. Even a simplified 135 operation like that is not simple, and it's not cheap.

Otherwise perhaps they plan to match Cirrus owners with existing 135 operations.

Either way, this is a thousand times more complicated than uber, with one thousandth of the potential customers. Not a good business strategy.
Yep. The website sucks. Focused on the business model, so it's been rather neglected. Just want to get people flying. It'll look better soon. Thanks for your input.

I agree. The FAQ, at least, looks like it was written by a high schooler. This service would be all about carrying professionals, so your presentation needs to be professional. It doesn't have to be stuffy (pro and stuffy are fortunately being disconnected!), but it does have to be complete, correct, and clear. And this isn't.

Man, I want a service like this to succeed very badly. Very badly! We need it. This doesn't look like the one that's going to do it, though.

Thanks for the feedback arnoha. What can we/I do to make things more clear for you? If there's something in particular that you felt wasn't comprehensible, email me jb (a) hyteapp dot com. You're definitely right about the presentation and professionalism piece though. Point taken. Always room for improvement. Have a blessed one man.

Just stumbled on this forum and wanted to address some of you guys' concerns.. Started off by replying to a few posts-- Hit me up if there's something I can do to clarify where Hyte is or what we're doing. I know the current website sucks and seems confusing, but we're still working on building a terrific company and doing something new in aviation. Still moving forward and you guys will be seeing updates in the near future. Email me anytime at jb (a) hyteapp dot com or on here. Will try to respond as quickly as possible. Enjoy your 4th.

Back