hypothyroidsim

U

Unregistered

Long time lurker here. I did find one thread about this, but it's from 2009, and I'm sure there is updated information (?) so I'm wondering if anyone here has any.

My RN sister has been harping on me to see a doc about getting tested for hypothyroidism, because, in her mind, I have quite a few of the (admittedly vague) symptoms. I've been putting it off a) because I've been trucking along feeling pretty ok, not great, but ok, b) I don't have a primary physician and am not exactly sure how one would go about getting tested for hypo, and c) the dreaded FAA involvement.

With that in mind, if something is wrong, how worried about the FAA part of it do I need to be? Looks like a SI is involved, but is it one of the easier or harder ones to get? What about self-grounding? I am midway through my MEI training and would hate to have to stop if something did turn up in an exam.

Thoughts? Ideas? Comforting words?

I have hypo thyroid. It is a blood test called TSH panel. When I went for my medical, I got a waiver. They did not hold it up because of the thyroid. there are issues that are of a concern if you do not treat it and stay with in certain parameters.
the other thing, the thyroid affects everything from your sleep to your nervous system, so get tested. :yes::yes:

Corrected hypothyroidism is the easiest SI to get I get 'em on the phone. Get corrected, get a normal TSH 6 weeks later, get it approved on the spot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back