Hypothetically speaking ... SI type event while on Basic Med?

Nobody really wants my opinion. I know what I would likely do, but best of luck to you OP. Hope you figure this out and get your health sorted. I dread the day I am in your shoes we will all be at some point.

double posting this here and in Hangar Talk ... today I resigned from my flying club and begin a 24 month grounding, with hopes of re-evaluating my medical situation in 24 months or so.

Crud. I’m bummed for ya.

Not because I don’t think you’ll be back, but I fully understand the “wait and see” long term self-grounding thing.

If you ever need to commiserate you have the number I think. The first year is pretty easy.

After that you’ve caught up on all the projects or decided they weren’t ever worth putting on the to-do list anyway.

Kinda like retiring. Or so I’ve seen. Except less weather-dependent. Ha.

At least you can still go shooting. I haven’t even bothered to try that with the right hand still being goofy on and off. Not enthused yet about re-learning it all with my off-hand. Certainly doable, just not motivated enough yet. Also perhaps mercifully I’m too busy at work. Well from home anyway.

Shooting is probably doable with the right hand but I don’t 100% trust it not to twitch/tremor at a bad time, or a finger to cramp. Ha. Trusting the index finger won’t develop the occasional mind of its own ain’t quite there yet.

Haha. Bang.

Anyway. Holler if ya get bored in a year!

Thanks, Nate. Appreciate the words, especially in light of your situation. I started a training session with Able Shepherd, in Centennial Gun Club's original building. Looks like it will keep me engaged in that world for a while.
Greg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back