hypertension & 3rd class

U

Unregistered

Need somewhere to vent...so here I am.

Background. went in for my flight exam on 6/9/15. Not expecting anything different from last time. Nurse says BP 155/100 Doc needs to review this. The rest of the exam was fine. Doc retakes BP and still 155/101. He says you were close 2 years ago, so we need to fix this now. No worries, lose 10#, cut out the salt, reduce your stress(working + building a house 200miles away) and take these meds. Come see him in 30 days, if all is well He'd be able to fill out a criteria sheet and approve my medical. BTW... 54, overweight, but active and no sleep issues.

I did everything he said, blood labs to ensure nothing else going on were good, even did daily monitoring of my BP 2X/day. lost the weight, etc. Went back in BP 122/82 and has averages 118/76 for 5 weeks....Doc says great job...BUT WAIT!!! can't print out your med cert. FAA OKC now says they need to review his findings, we'll get back to you (backlog ~4-6weeks). Aaargh!

So even following the guidelines my AME is unable to certify me. Gdamn FAA paperwork #@%$&**@!

Whew...see how typing that can lower ones BP.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back