Hydraulic Pumps

Rob58

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Rob
My aircraft is certified to use either a Pesco (1P-677) or and Eastern Industries (102-129) engine driven hydraulic pump... and I happen to have a spare of each make. Question is: does anyone have experience with these pumps to offer a recommendation as to which is the more reliable unit? I want to have one of the units overhauled and would like to have the best long term outcome. Thanks for any feedback!

I can't tell you which one is more durable but do you know how hard it is to find parts for both pumps? Which pump is more common and has more repair stations servicing it? I'd probably make my choice based on the future supportability.

Do you know for sure that the pumps need an overhaul? Or could you just inspect one and install it?

You make a good point. I need to contact the overhaul shops and ask the question about parts availability. There is no functional reason to overhaul the pump, however the removal of the pump (and other accessories) is almost impossible unless the engine is removed. Since I have the engine off the plane now I thought overhauling the accessories would make good sense as they haven't been touched in a very long time.

Back