Hutchinson, KS Supper tonight!

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Leah and I are going to take a club 172 up to Hutch this afternoon to get supper at the steakhouse. We oughtta be there by 5, anyone care to join us?

we should organize a flyin there sometime. i need to get there too. They've got the Apollo 13 capsule and Gus Grissoms Mercury capsule "Liberty Bell" and an SR71 and who knows what other cool stuff.

If you decide to take the Hutchinson taxi to the museum be sure to complete your will prior. If it is raining you'll need a rain-suit as the taxi windows are busted out.

That is a cool museum they have there. It take you from the early rockets through the Space Age.

we should organize a flyin there sometime. i need to get there too. They've got the Apollo 13 capsule and Gus Grissoms Mercury capsule "Liberty Bell" and an SR71 and who knows what other cool stuff.
I agree, I would want to be in on that. I have seen 5 of the 6 Mercury capsules that were launched into space.

which launch did you miss??
I missed all the launches, but I have seen 5/6 the six capsules that flew into space. There were only 6 Mercury missions. Deke Slayton was grounded due to a heart murmur. His first and only mission into space was the Apollo-Soyuz Mission in the 1970's.

I have also seen a couple of the Mercury capsules that did not fly into space. They were stored in a hangar across the street from where I worked. Several of them were used for testing, rescue practice, or component fittings. A lot of these were what were called boiler plate models and were not production quality.
A total of 20 production quality capsules were built. The one that flew on Mecury-Redstone #2 (Grissom's) flight was lost during recovery when it sank.

Last edited:
Scott you are just far to serious today... :)

Back