hut hut hut hut hut

Ah, yeah, more F-15s and Blackhaws protecting us from.... Cessna 172s. You couldn't make this stuff up.

Okay, how does an F-15 Fighter Jet intercept a Cessna 172? Wouldn't the jet stall out if it tries to match the cruising speed of a 172?

Okay, how does an F-15 Fighter Jet intercept a Cessna 172? Wouldn't the jet stall out if it tries to match the cruising speed of a 172?

That's why it takes TWO of them. They circle around you, or something like that. No, I am not kidding.

They don't actually try to fly formation on slow movers, they will circle, flying up beside you repeatedly (with one behind you ready to shoot).
Then if they can't get your attention they buzz the living crap out of you, hoping you will turn away so they don't have to shoot you down.

They would not be able to keep up with an RV. :rolleyes:

Okay, so it has been a while since I ranted about RV's. :dunno:

:rofl:

They would not be able to keep up with an RV. :rolleyes:

Okay, so it has been a while since I ranted about RV's. :dunno:

:rofl:

Just do an overhead break. No problem. :rolleyes:

They made the TFR hot 30 minutes ahead of the time in the NOTAM. It went hot at 5 pm - about 2 minutes after I exited to the east. aTC made announcements on their frequencies, I assume it was also announced on 121.5.

FWIW, I got a briefing at 3:45 pm, and specifically asked ATC about it just before I entered the zone. Both times I was told that it started at 5:30.

I watched an F-15 intercept a Stearman. Circle around the intercepted aircraft, high AOA.

And no, I was not in the cockpit of the Stearman. I was at home, heard the jet, looked outside and saw it a mile away over the shoreline circling a quarter mile in front and a bit above the Stearman.

Back