Huson river flight

Pinstriper

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Pinstriper
I had to go to NJ for some training last week.. Friday morning I had some time to kill before my 4:30 flight. So I looked up "sightseeing tours" YIKES! $245 ea person for twenty minutes!?!? I thought there must be an easier way! Pulled out the trusty iPhone and found Century Air based at Caldwell airport, called them and told them I needed a 172 with a CFI to do a1hr dual along the Hudson VFR corridor.. They said "not a problem be here at 10am"...
Worked out sweet! I got 1hr of sightseeing at 1,000' for $214, and got to do some flying myself! :goofy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxh0zIyanx0

Be sure and watch it full screen.

Last edited:
That's an awesome flight! I've done it once and will definatly be back! I'm lucky to Live around here so it's always an option. Nothing like looking out the side windows and seeing buildings that are taller than your wing tips!

Son of a monkey's uncle. I was in NYC last month and balked at paying $360 for two of us to take a 15 minute helicopter tour so we took the Staten Island ferry.

It didn't occur to me to call local flight schools. A 172 would hande my gf and cfi and I no problem.

If my team makes it to the pinstripe bowl I'll definitely keep this option open!!

Where did you take the flight? Never mind. Saw what airport and service you used.

Greg Adair was my pilot at Century... Very cool guy! (from Santa Cruz Ca.) with 1500hrs and counting.. very thorough with attention to detail.. That being said, he had no qualms with anything I requested! And told me to get a hold of them if I ever wanted a scenic.. er um... "dual instruction" along that route again :)

Back