Hurray for GA! and other assorted stuff

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
CAP assists search for stranded travelers
http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?...MPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

Trains Delayed
on the other hand, we were anticipating taking holiday guests to the Amtrak station tomorrow morning as they headed back to CA from CO ... um, not to be! Trains between Denver and So Cal, both the Southern Chief and the Zephyr are delayed for up to 3 days. They bought airline tickets instead.
---------------------------------
"Nothing can disguise the look of relief on the face of a man putting relatives on the train for home."

"Fish and relatives both stink after 3 days."

They were aboard the governor's twin on the NBC News last night.

The guv says "That's Interstate 60(?) down there but we only know that by the map.."

It was one blanket of white with a few bumps. You could barely make out a slight and widely broken ridge where the road could be.

Just got this email:
--------------------------------------
You may wish to alert others watch Fox News tonight (1/4/07), Greta Van Susteren at 8:00 pm MST where the Colorado CAP will be featured.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 12:31 PM
Subject: GA responses to CO storms

Happy New Year to all CO ASN Volunteers!

Those of us out East have been watching the news and weather channels the past few weeks and sending warm wishes to everyone in CO. We hope you and your friends, families, and neighbors have dug out and stayed safe during the storms.

Another thing we have heard in stories about the storms is that general aviation aircraft was used to help search for stranded motorists as well as deliver supplies and other rescue missions in the aftermaths. Stories we've seen mostly have focused on CAP (Civil Air Patrol) efforts; while they are great, we are looking for stories from GA pilots who participated in some of these rescue and relief missions through their own volunteerism and aircraft - not with CAP.

So often we hear negative stories about GA; in this case, AOPA is looking for a way to show GA's value through local efforts and stories you may have to share about how GA served your community during the latest winter follies.

Please drop us a note with brief details if you have a story to share -- we'll follow up with you as we bring the stories together.

Thanks so much and again, stay safe and warm!

Stacy Swigart

Stacy (Platone) Swigart

Director, Airport Support Network

AOPA

www.aopa.org/asn

Just got this email:
--------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 12:31 PM

Stacy Swigart

Stacy (Platone) Swigart

Director, Airport Support Network

AOPA

www.aopa.org/asn

Greg! See what you did?

I was thinking I could now and should...so I just volunteered to be the ASN rep.

Now I need another letter of recommendation.

Greg! See what you did?

I was thinking I could now and should...so I just volunteered to be the ASN rep.

Now I need another letter of recommendation.
Fine, blame him and not me! :) (BTW, if you still need the letter, let me know, I'd be happy to!)

re: Fox News/Greta Van Susteren, I just got this from CPA:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just received confirmation that this interview with Greta Van Susteren has been cancelled altogether by Fox News. However, in the words of Lieutenant Hamilton: "I've at least made a good national contact, and I pitched the idea of doing a feature story on CAP and they are interested."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back