Huntsville AL recommendations

jsstevens

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
jsstevens
I may be flying myself into Huntsville next week for business trip.

Anybody with experience with either KHSV or KDCU? Or other recommendations?

I'll be flying a C-172 and will need a rental car and fuel. (And maybe a tiedown or hangar?)

John

I'm based at KDCU. I'd go there as there are ramp fees at KHSV. Unless you are staying at the sheraton or its more convenient go to DCU. The people are way friendlier at decatur.

PM inbound.

Regards,

I'm based at KDCU. I'd go there as there are ramp fees at KHSV. Unless you are staying at the sheraton or its more convenient go to DCU. The people are way friendlier at decatur.

PM inbound.

Regards,
I would go to Decatur. I'm based there as well ,by the way does his avatar remind you of anyone you know? He and I should have a picture taken for proof of a doppelganger for everyone.

Last edited:
Stay in HSV where you can get an easy rental car and they will put your plane in a hangar. You can write off the fees to your business.

Where are you going in Huntsville? Take a look at the Mad Cow (MDQ - Madison County Executive). It is on the north side of town.

DCU is good if you need to go to Decatur or the very west side of town.

Gibson's is ok, but Chuck Wagon is probably the best BBQ in town.

Madison County (MDQ) is now "Huntsville Executive". The FBO on the field is also full of very nice people: http://executiveflightcenter.com/index.php

Do we want to do a HSV PoA meetup?

I would be up for a POA meetup!

Regarding BBQ. Chuck Wagon is the best local BBQ, I agree 100%

Probably somewhere on the arsenal but I don't have details yet. I might be able to do dinner Wednesday depending on when the rest of my crew gets in. Otherwise it's meetings Thursday and fly out Friday AM.

I did get the plane reserved today. Now for the weather...

John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you're a beer person, Liquor Express has a good selection, including lots of locally brewed stuff (Straight to Ale, Yellow Hammer, Brew Stooges, Blue Pants, etc). I don't know what's available in Florida, but might make decent gifts if you're not into it personally.

(Yeah, there's also Wish You Were Beer, but LE is closer.)

Let us know about Wednesday evening. I'd be up for a supper run, maybe a whole hour away.

If I fly myself, supper on Wednesday would work. The rest of the crew won't be in until 9PM.

I'll advise when I see the weather.

John

Unfortunately the trip has been canceled.

Thanks all for the inputs. I might very well get another chance.

John

Back