Hunting for a plane( first time buyer)

Torque beast

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bryan
Looking for thoughts on a plane that would fit my mission. Looked at a bonanza V tail but then found out you can’t find magnesium skins for the ruddervator if needed so I backed out of that. Then I was interested in a C210/T210 for it load carrying and speed but then a service bulletin came out last week about the wing spar inspection which may become an AD, I guess we’ll see. So now I am back to considering other options. Most of the time it will be me and my wife and 60# dog flying. I want to get to our destination quick but safe. However, I have the feeling that we may be making trips to pick up kids/grandkids on occasion so kinda torn between 4/6 seater planes. Here are the distances we have to travel

756 hope mills

403 Killeen

534 guymon

326 Nashville

857 Altoona
What would be a good plane for this mission? I am 5’9” 197. Wife 5’6” 107. Dog 60#
All destinations are east of the Rockies but we do like Colorado and would like to be able to fly there if we want so this has me leaning toward a turbo. A/C would be a plus if I can get it. Looking around the 150k or less range

Turbo variants of the PA32 are popular. I've got one.

A six-place airplane makes a great four-place airplane. Our pooches love the back seat.

The Turbo Lance is available in your price range.

Have not looked at a lance so I will check those out. I have looked at the A36 but have not found a decent one in my price range yet.

yeah lances are in the price range. That's what I'd get if I was in that budget range.

K model Mooney?

You don't need a turbo to fly in CO.

My vote? 182RG

Back