Humans and Hardware: Preventing Inflight Loss of Control in General Aviation

Read it - mentioned medical, training, stalls, tech, etc.; but not weather? I think the ratio of loss of control due to medical issues may be a few hundred times lower than ones caused by VFR into IMC.

And a 14% increase is a crock, or at least lying (or guessing) with statistics. It may be GA hours are up more than that, but either way, the Feds have no clue what the GA"rate" is.

Maybe it's a lead in for sleep apnea groundings and mandatory stick-pusher installations. Or, just some noise to justify a few jobs. . .

Just bumping this up for those that might be interested.

The NTSB forum, titled Humans and Hardware: Preventing Inflight Loss of Control in General Aviation, will be held on October 14 from 9 am to 5 pm ET at the NTSB’s headquarters in Washington DC, 429 L’Enfant Plaza, S.W. The forum is free and open to the public.

If you’re nowhere near Washington DC and don’t plan to be on October 14th, no problem. The entire forum will be broadcast live on the web at: http:ntsb.capitolconnection.org. That date and those times inconvenient for you? No worries. The webcast will be archived and posted for 90 days for viewing at your leisure.

Full article at: http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2015/09/general-aviation-pilots-save-date-maybe.html

Last edited:
Read it - mentioned medical, training, stalls, tech, etc.; but not weather? I think the ratio of loss of control due to medical issues may be a few hundred times lower than ones caused by VFR into IMC.

And a 14% increase is a crock, or at least lying (or guessing) with statistics. It may be GA hours are up more than that, but either way, the Feds have no clue what the GA"rate" is.

Maybe it's a lead in for sleep apnea groundings and mandatory stick-pusher installations. Or, just some noise to justify a few jobs. . .

Agree 100%

Honestly, the credibility factor is already too low. . .

I listened to most of it today while at work. There were some good points made by some of the speakers. It was interesting and I am glad I was able to listen.

Back