Hugh is dead

The man had a vision,and lived it. Can only imagine the party's he had at the mansion.

I was flying to Pensacola, commercial, to see my son get his wings; I don't even remember the aircraft make, but it was the typical two-seats on one side, one seat on the other side. I think we were out of Charlotte? Anyway, in the seat next to me was a normal-pretty young woman, petite, fit. Pleasant, nice to look at, articulate. But not necessarily stunning. . . until we were a few minutes out; she asked me to hold a small case, did her make-up in about two minutes, and slipped out of the loose sweatshirt she was wearing.

She was a Playmate, booked for an auto show, car dealership, or something; jaw dropping! both her "new" appearance, and the change. Old enough to be her dad, I was cool with asking about the situation, and she was very open - "I get paid to look attractive, smile, be sexy; it's a job, like any other, and I'll make some $$$ doing it for a while". She was very business like, not cynical or angry, but not too taken with herself, either, at least not based on how she looked. And yes, she had the figure for it.

In her case, Hugh put her in a position to make some money, travel a bit, maybe have some fun. She had the smarts to handle it, understand it's temprary nature, and make the most of it. Not all women from playboy did, of course, but I remember the magazine fondly from my boiling testosterone soaked youth.

And I first read Graham Greene and George Macdonald Fraser in Playboy . . .

Back in my racing days, part of the race fuel business, we sponsored a race night at our home track. We hired a trophy queen, and she was built like a burlap bag of bobcats, I mean she had it going for her.

After sitting and talking to her, I found out her husband divorced her because of what she does, and she never dated because too many guys were intimidated by her looks or just jerks. So I asked he if she would like to have dinner and a movie with me, and she accepted..!!

We ended up dating for about 8 months until her work just got to demanding. She had to make money while her looks were still there. But she was a college educated girl, intelligent and pleasant to be around. My friends just fell over the first time they met her, and would then tell me to just stop holding what I had against her and let her go. She thought that was pretty funny.

She was investing her money, she made a lot of $$$ for appearances, and was doing very well money wise. And some of her jobs were just to stand next to car wearing a rather revealing bathing suit, smile and collect the cash.

But it just blew me away to learn that she had so much trouble meeting eligible guys. She told me that too many rich guys will throw money around to try to impress her, which was a turn off for her, or lie to her, or were just total jerks from the beginning. She told me she liked me because I was just myself, (no clue what that means) and she enjoyed being around my redneck friends.

Her ambition was to make enough money to buy a ranch and raise horses. I hope it worked out for her.

Wife coming in, gotta go...

Reactions: Ted
As Paul Harvey would say....

Well he wouldn't 'cause you didn't tell us the rest of the story! Did you, you know... :p
:)
I wish - I think! But no, there was a 1/4 century age gap. Just a nice, memorable, encounter. . .

I expect it to be kinda stiff.

I was thinking half-mast... :)

My godfather actually had a not dissimilar arrangement for the house he lived in. In his case, his wife was the sugar mamma (ironically, he'd been a sugar daddy previously).

I have an older divorced friend who stumbled into a sugar mama type situation. Dated for a while before she shared that she was loaded with a capital L. They truly loved each other but never did marry for various reasons. Did all sorts of stuff together and traveled extensively in their 60s. She also had a long term illness that was a guarantee she probably wouldn’t make it much into her 70s and she didn’t.

Same type of thing as your dad, allowance (and not a small one) and very well managed. She was always worried about a male gold digger coming along and trashing her life fiscally. She always maintained her own house and he his, but usually one house or the other sat empty for months at a time. She wasn’t stuck up about staying at his much more modest/normal place either. Just whatever was convenient at the time. She picked him out a car one year and he honestly told her he loved the gesture but didn’t need it. She graciously sold it or took it back or whatever. She was determined not to have the money become a problem for anyone. On one out of the country trip she fell ill enough that he had to manage an emergency airlift return to the States for her to get to top notch medical care and after that she only had a few more years. She adored him for taking care of her like that. A real neat story.

She had a number of kids and when the Will was read she had made sure to write him in and her kids in her case didn’t have ANY relationship with him at all (they were all adults before they met). They didn’t dare do anything screwy because she explained everything and thanked everyone in her Will, he told me later. He got a nice chunk but it wasn’t the majority — she knew he owned everything he had including his house and just didn’t need it. She picked a number and then jokingly had added the cost of the car to it and told him to buy a new car to remember her by. He did, but a lot cheaper used car than the dollar amount which he jokes would have made her laugh.

Sorry your dad’s thing wasn’t quite as good, but it just reminded me of him. He’s outlived her now by a lot of years and we talk about every few months. He’s as mellow and happy with retirement as he was before and with her, and just hanging out, being frugal and enjoying himself. His daughter had a grand baby for him to dote over recently and he’s now into full “grandpa” mode. I’m sure he misses her and wishes she could have been “grandma” again.

I don’t think until him I’d ever really met anyone who had done the sugar daddy or sugar momma thing, but man those two did it with class. She’d give him grief for wearing his flannel shirts to family things and he’d give in and once in a while wear the “silly stuff she bought for me to wear” but not always. They’d play the money and “stuff” games back and forth. One year he pulled some money out of his investments and bought her a ridiculous piece of jewelry she’d liked and completely shocked her. He wouldn’t let her pay for it and she adored it. I think it was given back to him in the Will.

Good people — the money didn’t mess with them at all.

In the flip side, Karen’s dad made a very good living as a Probate attorney and had story after story after story of families (names removed to protect the client) who just trashed everything good or decent about their families completely over dead relative’s money.

My favorite was his client who hired him from prison. Parents had left big money in equal amounts to five kids. Including the one in prison for life and who was never ever getting out. Siblings tried to take his share. He lawyered up and man is it a mistake to mess with a bored lifer. He paid incredible amounts of money to Karen’s dad just to continually mess with his siblings after they did that to him. They all lost a lot of money to lawyers. He’d sit in jail and think up new ways to torture them after they went down that path. Up until they went after his millions (yes multiple to each, and a long time ago so with more than millions today) he ignored them complexity and they him. After that it was years and years of all out legal war. So stupid.

My friends just fell over the first time they met her, and would then tell me to just stop holding what I had against her and let her go. She thought that was pretty funny.

That IS really funny! LOL.

Back