Huge TFR

labbadabba

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
labbadabba
Is this for real or did SkyVector freak out on me?

Looks like the entire Mid-Atlantic coast and well out to sea...

Attachments

• HugeTFR.jpg
    HugeTFR.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 126
It looks real, but not a "normal" tfr
DUE TO REQUIRED MILITARY ACTIVITY ON 1030

!FDC 6/7090 ZDC SPECIAL NOTICE. DUE TO REQUIRED MILITARY ACTIVITY ON 1030/1090 MHZ, THE TCAS SYSTEM AND ADS-B SYSTEM MAY BE LESS SENSITIVE THAN NORMAL IN THE AIRSPACE OVER PORTIONS OF MARYLAND, VIRGINIA AND NORTH CAROLINA WI AN AREA DEFINED AS 37502

I don't see a TFR anywhere else. FF doesn't show it either. Did they mistakenly label it as a TFR? Shouldn't it be a NOTAM instead?

Wait, who still uses SV? I thought it went under shortly after they broke the UI.

It was on ff for a short while, although it was in yellow since the activation time hadn't happened yet. Doesn't show now.

I don't see a TFR anywhere else. FF doesn't show it either. Did they mistakenly label it as a TFR? Shouldn't it be a NOTAM instead?

Wait, who still uses SV? I thought it went under shortly after they broke the UI.

I use it for quick and dirty snapshots and looking at airways.

.... well I wish I would have seen this thread before I posted a further hijack elsewhere.

I use Skyvector. It's pretttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyy. =D

No, it's still alive. I use it for a quick look at routes and current conditions from my desktop, i.e. without having to open my iPad. In fact, I use it for quick weather updates from my computer at work all the time.

Its the Bermuda Triangle and its ACTIVE!

Back