Huge larva in belly?

U

Unregistered

So I haven't felt right over the weekend. Nothing big, just not right and it has been hard to put my finger on what it is. I feel a fullness in my upper abdomen. It hurts a bit but its more of an uncomfortable feeling that pushes on my chest from below. My appetite has quit today. I just don't feel hungry - its not like I feel bad... I just feel 'full'. All other systems normal. I haven't eaten anything or any amounts unusual lately. I feel like I ate a huge meal ....about 4 days ago and it hasn't gone away. No gas, no vomiting symptoms. I'm not on any medications, I have no prior health issues. I'm baffled.
Its finally Monday and with the loss of appetite I decided to call the Dr. office. Reasonable? Couldn't see going to emerg for this, over the weekend.
Anyway, its going to be later in the week before a doc can see me. So what to do in the meantime?? They don't want to advise me over the phone before an exam of course, and I'm not sure what I should do or not do. I suspect its a gastoenteric problem from the location and feeling. It makes sense to me, that I should not eat a lot.. I would force myself if I had the flu or something but if I have a blockage, it seems right to stick to fluids only so I am drinking scads of juice, ginger ale, tea etc.
I also thought a mild laxative was in order so I have started that.

Wish I had a clue what it might be, the mental anguish of threatened serious illness is as bad as the disease itself. It feels like a huge balloon pushing up on my liver or diaphragm. But minimal abdominal swelling. Can't hear or feel gas. Kind of uncomfortable to bend over.

Probably I am just fat, I can hear the diagnosis now! "S/he eats too much!"

Anybody had similar symptoms?? Thank-yuh.

Unregistered said:
So I haven't felt right over the weekend. Nothing big, just not right and it has been hard to put my finger on what it is. I feel a fullness in my upper abdomen. It hurts a bit but its more of an uncomfortable feeling that pushes on my chest from below. My appetite has quit today. I just don't feel hungry - its not like I feel bad... I just feel 'full'. All other systems normal. I haven't eaten anything or any amounts unusual lately. I feel like I ate a huge meal ....about 4 days ago and it hasn't gone away. No gas, no vomiting symptoms. I'm not on any medications, I have no prior health issues. I'm baffled.
Its finally Monday and with the loss of appetite I decided to call the Dr. office. Reasonable? Couldn't see going to emerg for this, over the weekend.
Anyway, its going to be later in the week before a doc can see me. So what to do in the meantime?? They don't want to advise me over the phone before an exam of course, and I'm not sure what I should do or not do. I suspect its a gastoenteric problem from the location and feeling. It makes sense to me, that I should not eat a lot.. I would force myself if I had the flu or something but if I have a blockage, it seems right to stick to fluids only so I am drinking scads of juice, ginger ale, tea etc.
I also thought a mild laxative was in order so I have started that.

Wish I had a clue what it might be, the mental anguish of threatened serious illness is as bad as the disease itself. It feels like a huge balloon pushing up on my liver or diaphragm. But minimal abdominal swelling. Can't hear or feel gas. Kind of uncomfortable to bend over.

Probably I am just fat, I can hear the diagnosis now! "S/he eats too much!"

Anybody had similar symptoms?? Thank-yuh.

Not sure if its related, but being fat myself, sometimes I feel similar when I drink a lot of caffiene, or anything super greasy. Then for a long time, I cannot bring myself to eat.

It doesn't last multiple days tho. One at most. I hope the diagnosis is good. Here's my hopes!

Tue pm
Thought I'd check in. Still alive. Slept ok last night except for when the laxative was doing its thing. Worked pretty hard all day, a bit tired tonight.

The swelling was less evident and has moved south of my diaphragm, now is deeper in the mid abdomen, all the way left to right now. Still hurts to burp or hiccup - although I have not done a lot of either. Still feel "full" although I'm sure my intestines and stomach are completely empty now. Kind of a tight band across my mid abdomen. I thought with the catharsis that my belly would shrink a bit, feel less bloated but it hasn't.
The other thing I may not have mentioned is the occasional pulsing - in time with my heart - of things in my upper adbomen/chest.
Sorry for the vague description, its the best I can describe it.

Strangest thing is the lack of appetite. I have had only liquids since Sunday night and I haven't felt more than mildly hungry and none of those familiar, healthy, tummy-growly pangs of hunger. That is a bit scary to me. Hunger=Health in my book.

I looked in a few books and they describe problems in this area such as

Hiatus Hernia
Obstruction
Abdominal aorta aneurism
and several others that did not fit the symptoms at all- even these did not fit very well either.

Consider Gallbladder problems. Right or mid upper abdominal pain many times going through to the back esp. by the bottom of the Rt shoulder blade. Feels like a fist up under your ribs. Anorexia(Lack of Appetite), indigestion and bloating are common. If it is more uncomfortable than painful but not letting up, then you could have an impacted stone in the outlet of the gallbladder. If it is decidely painful watch out for an infected gallbladder. Ulcers can hurt in the same area but food usually makes it feel better, so will antacids. Pancreatitis hurts across the upper abdomen but is really really painful. An anuersym usually hurts into the mid lumbar back and you might feel a really big pulsatile lump just above your belly button. There are are other things that can hurt there but gallbladder was the first thing that came to mind with your description.

Barb

It was an ulcer.
Nexium.
I am almost better.
What causes them? How to get off the drugs?

I MISS MY ASPIRIN!!
I had no idea how much pain I was in. Well maybe im just a weenie, but talk about stiff in the morning.
So I have started acetominophen. Are there any alternatives??
I need strong stuff, not nutritionals I think.

Dr. has not given any indication on what the future is for asa use...
1. Never Again?
2. occassaional use only? after the ulcer is quiet?
3. how about using it for preventing heart attacks, baby asa each day - is that too much?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back