Huge delay is special issuance

James Higgins

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Hig
Been waiting for almost 8 months. DUIs from 20+ years ago and ssri for mild ocd. So I get mine is complex but this is so frustrating. Anyone else seeing this?

Been waiting for almost 8 months. DUIs from 20+ years ago and ssri for mild ocd. So I get mine is complex but this is so frustrating. Anyone else seeing this?
Yes, yes they are. Slow process, made even slower due to COVID. Eight months is, unfortunately, not noteworthy.

Yep, expect the first thing you're going to have to do once you do get the letter is get a new exam as the initial one will have expired.

When I was working on getting my SI I would call the medical Dept in OKC once a week sometimes twice just to follow up to see where things were at.
I had a list of about four people that I talked to regularly. They were all nice enough.
It took four months from start to finish.

I assume you are working with a good HIMS AME?

It's the SSRI that's causing the holdup. My SI and 3rd class were issued in June, the day after the psychiatrist faxed in his evaluation for an unmedicated (currently asymptomatic) psychiatric disorder.

My first class was submitted at the end of January and have been waiting ever since. It's very very frustrating, but what can you do except accept the exercise in patience?

So, I have a SI that is coming up for renewal by end of October. This will be the second reissue of the 5 year SI. I hope the FAA doesn’t screw this up and issues it automatically Like they did in the past. I will be going for my Class 3 in early October. I guess if the AME issues the Class 3, then I am good to go, no matter how long the FAA takes to issue the SI.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back