Hudson Corridor

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Does NYC have a terminal area chart, and does it have the Hudson corridor on it? I know, Im being lazy. But does it? and does anyone have one i can look at? they are hard to come by in AZ.

Sure does, there is even a special page on the back of the Terminal with a very large scale of the corridor.
I'll send you an outdated one if you'd like.

Last edited:
Michael said:
Does NYC have a terminal area chart, and does it have the Hudson corridor on it? I know, Im being lazy. But does it? and does anyone have one i can look at? they are hard to come by in AZ.

http://www.maptech.com

You can view sectionals, topos, street maps at resolutions from 1:50,000 to 1:1,000,000. Attached is a portion of the New York Class B Exclusion, aka the Hudson Corridor.

-Skip

Attachments

• nycorridor.jpg
    nycorridor.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 43
Skip Miller said:
http://www.maptech.com

You can view sectionals, topos, street maps at resolutions from 1:50,000 to 1:1,000,000. Attached is a portion of the New York Class B Exclusion, aka the Hudson Corridor.

-Skip
Skip, that looks like the helicopter chart for the NY TCA (whoops class Bravo). It is very detailed and what I used when I last flew the corridor no radio a couple of years back. Thanks again to whomever it was on the red board who suggested it - what great chart.

Arnold said:
Skip, that looks like the helicopter chart for the NY TCA (whoops class Bravo). It is very detailed and what I used when I last flew the corridor no radio a couple of years back. Thanks again to whomever it was on the red board who suggested it - what great chart.
I think you are right that it is the Helo Route Chart. And it was probably me on the Red Board recommending the HRC, I really find it valuable when doing the corridor.

Also note that the HRC is not updated very often. The clip I posted has the World Trade Center drawn on it as an aid for visual identification. Very sad. I have verified that the HRC has not been updated since then, so the web site has the current chart.

As I look over my left shoulder here at the office, I have a fine view of the "bathtub" (the basement of the WTC). The latest news is that the politicos have finally given an ultimatim to Larry Silverstein, the owner of the WTC lease, and Larry has accepted it. Theoretically, construction on Freedom Tower can now start. If I were a betting man, I'd bet against that - there are more political maneuvrings ahead, I think.

The interesting part about that web site I listed, is that as you zoom in, you get the HRC and as you zoom out you get the TAC and Sectional views.

-Skip

Last edited:
Michael. I'll try to get my hands on a NY Helocopter chart it is much more detailed and enlarged. it is the best chart IMHO for flying the corridor or so I have heard.

Steve said:
There's a video out on flying the corridor...if we're talking the same corridor here...

http://www.dsflight.com/ny_vfr_corridor.html
wow. perhaps i should film my flight thru the corridor and sell it online for 29 bucks too!
come to think of it, i think ill start fiming all my flights and start selling them on ebay.
series 1...how to climb safely thru 1200 ft.
series 2...how to fly over the mohave desert
series 3...how to land in las vegas

sorry steve, that was helpful. thanks

thanks everyone. very helpful. Im sure when i get to NH i can buy a NYC term chart. I hope. Just wanted to look it over before hopping in the plane.

There's apparently a market for such. I have a video called Cleared to Land that is just a bunch of clips of different airplanes set to a music sound track, with an in-cockpit home video thrown in for good measure.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/6303141935/102-0006015-9496962?v=glance&n=404272

About the only redeeming feature is the large variety of aircraft depicted.

How bout one on tree avoidance at exclusive fly-in resorts? :)

Michael said:
wow. perhaps i should film my flight thru the corridor and sell it online for 29 bucks too!
come to think of it, i think ill start fiming all my flights and start selling them on ebay.
series 1...how to climb safely thru 1200 ft.
series 2...how to fly over the mohave desert
series 3...how to land in las vegas

sorry steve, that was helpful. thanks

sounds like a great idea! we just need a catchy title.
"maneuvering the great Gaston forest"....

naw, gotta work on that one.

Back