https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/self-driving-cars-and-the-nail-in-the-coffin-of-th

implied... yet another example of how a poster can mean one thing and have a reader see it from a different perspective.
If you read my posts in the original my position is pretty clear without needing to infer anything. If not, well it's gone now.

If you read my posts in the original my position is pretty clear without needing to infer anything. If not, well it's gone now.

early in my career I learned that there were times when what I wrote was "pretty clear" but then my group leader would write a comment that made it evident that he misunderstood what I wrote. We'd talk, I'd explain the paragraph or sentence. He'd agree with what I wrote (given the explanation). And then I revised it to reduce the chance of someone else misunderstanding.

A long way to go to say: what one person thinks is "pretty clear" doesn't mean that it is impossible for someone else to have a reasonable different interpretation.

early in my career I learned that there were times when what I wrote was "pretty clear" but then my group leader would write a comment that made it evident that he misunderstood what I wrote. We'd talk, I'd explain the paragraph or sentence. He'd agree with what I wrote (given the explanation). And then I revised it to reduce the chance of someone else misunderstanding.

A long way to go to say: what one person thinks is "pretty clear" doesn't mean that it is impossible for someone else to have a reasonable different interpretation.
My point is that I made my point in the other thread that is deleted. Not going to keep beating the dead horse.

I can get from DC to Boston door to door in 4hrs, driving is 8hrs at night and 10hrs during the day. Not even a contest. DC to NYC it's closer if there is no traffic But then, I have done this 'flying on the airlines' thing for a while so I dont wait in a line for the rental car or check bags.

Still 4 hours, not 1. You're probably only in flight for an hour or less, but the trip is still gonna take 4.

FWIW, I could likely beat that in my Mooney. I'd spend under 2 hours in the air...

Still 4 hours, not 1. You're probably only in flight for an hour or less, but the trip is still gonna take 4.

FWIW, I could likely beat that in my Mooney. I'd spend under 2 hours in the air...

"Mooney....ZNY has a reroute for you...advise ready to copy."

"Direct MAGEN, then Victor 2...."

"Mooney....ZNY has a reroute for you...advise ready to copy."

"Direct MAGEN, then Victor 2...."

I'm familiar with northeast routing... Already accounted for that. All of the routes I'm seeing as previously cleared for piston aircraft are under 2 hours in the Mooney in still air.

Obviously didn't punch in the route to get the joke.

...Disclaimer: I am a mechanical engineer so I solve problems with hammers...

:confused:o_O Civils solve problems with hammers. We Mechs are more sophisticated than that. We use heat, pressure and a full set of combination wrenches and sockets. ;)

Reactions: Ted
Back