Howdy!

DougAF

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Doug
Hey just posting up a quick message to I guess introduce myself..

Name is Doug and i'm active duty Air Force maintainer for the last 14 years. I have wanted to fly for a long time now and I finally have the ability to! I started my training this part Feb/March and with a few breaks in between I have about 30 hours now.

I fly out of KGWW here in Goldsboro NC which is a very nice place! I am now making sure I am fully prepared to take my written... which I don't know why but its rather overwhelming right now..

Nothing else really.. 172 is what I'm flying and once I get out of the military I plan on using my GI Bill to finish up some more ratings and we will see where it goes from there!

Thanks to the moderators and admins this site has a ton of knowledge and I plan to use it!

Welcome to the front porch of aviation. Grab a glass of sweet tea and stay a spell!

Welcome Doug, Ex AF myself (Comm). Welcome to POA and good luck with the written.

How many questions are on the written?
60 questions, and you have something like 2.5 hours to complete it. Shouldn't take you over an hour since a good majority of the questions are just memorizing the Q&A.

Ok well that's good.. I have just been too stressed about it but ill just keep studying and calm down a bit haha

Yup I'm using that and when I am at work I take my iPad in and use Sporty's study buddy.

Well after not being able to fly for about 5 months I finally got back in the air... I got a little frustrated today with my landings. I am having issues landing a little too flat.. not completely but more than I should be. I hope to finally get my solo XC done in the next week and move on to my long XC.

Not to worry - just keep pluggin' away, and soon you'll be flying like a pro. Which is to say, you'll still muff afew, but as long as you don't break the airplane, the pilot, the passenger(s) or the pavement, you're golden.

Keep us posted... and Welcome (belatedly) to Pilots of America, the Front Porch of Aviation!

Back