Howdy folks, I've been MIA for a while.

Crane Pilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
crane pilot
,Well it's been a day or 3 lol since I've posted on here. I came back today looking at another post and ended up seeing that LD Jones had passed away, not exactly what I wanted to see, but his legacy will live on in our memories and the memories of the pilots and people he affected over the years. so enough of the depressing stuff. I've been doing well, I'm still a crane operator and still flying and working on my ratings although slower than what I had wanted. I am currently a CSEL and PMEL W/instrument, but working on my CMEL. The hours have been coming slow but sure I’m at 350ish with 100+ multi. I did take the big plunge and buy and airplane to build time and go around visiting family in different states. The ownership of my own airplane is a wonderful feeling of freedom but not without it's costs. Now mind you I'm not complaining but a Beech 58 Baron (go big or go home lol) can be very thirsty if you let it lol. It is true that a 58 Baron is a hellava first aircraft but I found it at a great price and just couldn't pass it up. so anyways fast forward 2+ years and counting on owning it, not a day goes by that I wish my mom ( Old CFI not sure how many of ya'll remember her from this forum) was still around to fly it with me. My bird has around 19,000+ hours TT and engines that were at TBO but it flys great and the engines still have really good compressions for an old 135 freighter or any plane for that matter. I am in the process of changing it from the old cargo plane interior and changing it back to a sexy passenger plane. That my friends is a major undertaking, with trying to find all the interior plastics to getting new interior panels made since the availability of good used parts are really hard. I'm working with my A&P IA to make sure everything I do is correct and legal. The progress is slow but sure. I've included some different pics of my girl though not very good ones as I suck at taking pictures.20231112_172429.jpeg20231112_162622.jpeg20231108_181551.jpeg20231105_175855.jpeg20231108_181458.jpeg20231112_172128.jpeg20231112_172134.jpeg20231112_172220.jpegIMG_0106.png The last picture is of my bird with her former employer.lol

Welcome back.!!

Keep us informed on the progress of your plane.

Hope you come around a little more oftener...

Back