Howdy all.

Lowe Approach

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Lowe Approach
Hi

New guy checking in.
I'm Josh from Southern California. Riverside area.
Figured I'd introduce myself before hitting everyone up for advice.

I've been away from flying since 2006 and figured it was time to get back in shape. Have an old 210 that is undergoing some renovation. And hopefully will soon have the annual complete.

But I'm full of questions and appreciate the help in advance.

Welcome to the forum Josh! I fly out of MYF, so not too far south from you

Hi

New guy checking in.

I've been away from flying since 2006 and figured it was time to get back in shape. Have an old 210 that is undergoing some renovation. And hopefully will soon have the annual complete.

Welcome to the joint. Which airport is your plane at? How old, is it an RG?

Last edited:
Welcome Josh, I'm sure you will find your question's answers here. ;)

Hi

New guy checking in.

Welcome to POA

Welcome! You will find lots of advice here for sure.

So I guess my first question is - got any pics of the 210?

Welcome to the joint. Which airport is your plane at? How old, is it an RG?

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I'm out of Cable airport in Upland. Grew up flying in my dad's 1962 210B (I think all 210s are retractable or at least started that way) and inherited it when he passed away. Had to put a new prop on so that expense helped me lapse in my license. And one thing leads to another. yada yada yada, bam 10 years goes by and I haven't flown. So now I'm getting her back in shape and about to do the same for myself.

She looks pretty! What are you putting in that panel how that she's opened up?

Hi Josh, welcome to POA.
Edit to add: do tell about the upgrades to the panel.

Welcome! That's a pretty 210...the model with gear doors!

I've flown into the Riverside airport a few times as my son attended UCR. Never been to Cable though. Hope to hear stories of your flying the 210 soon.

Hi Josh, welcome to POA.
Edit to add: do tell about the upgrades to the panel.

That is actually the after picture. :) Pulled the original toggle switch audio panel, kx170bs and the old transponder. Those are the new radios audio panel and (new to me) transponder + adsb out that I can afford. GPS someday, but talking to ATC and adsb out are the primary need right now. Unfortunately there is an intermittent problem with the radios. Sounds like static over the channel and interferes with coms. Some days its great with perfect audio other days just static no matter what channel. Someone suggested a ground loop, but I'm not able to figure out why its intermittent and the installer wont look at it and has washed his hands of the project. Frustrating but such is life.

Anyway, that is on the list of questions to ask here. Along with many more.

"Buy a Bonanza" is always good advice, but I'd a lyin' if I said anything other than good stuff about the 210. Roomy, stable as all git out and, "if it fits, it flies."

Welcome back to flying, and (most importantly) welcome to PoA!

Back