Howards Pub

NC Pilot

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
NC Pilot
I have ended up with a gift certificate to Howards Pub on Ocracoke Island and for reasons I will not get into will not use it myself. Therefore, I would like to put forth a pole to determine who best to recieve this certificate. Qualifications include:

1. Must be able to use the certificate
2. Must be worthy of the certificate
3. Must not be me

My thoughts are as follows:

1. Ron Levy - for all his sage advice on everyting aeronautical and regulatory.
2. Bruce Chien - for all his sage advice on everything medical and aeronautical (plus I know he has been known to come to the NC area.)
3. Tom Sisk - for being a nice guy despite his liberal leanings.
4. Brook - for sticking to finally getting her PPL.
5. Kaye - for loving Ocracoke and being a breath of fresh air on the board.

If there are others to nominate, please let me know. At the end of this week, I will post the pole and let everyone vote on who gets this certificate. Winner will get it mailed to them...

All votes will be counted and in the event of a tie, I will decide.

Enjoy.

Ya should have made it a poll to total up for you.

I'd have to go with Ron for all his advice put forth with great professionalism. And, I have a special place for anyone who was an Intruder driver or has maintained one. :yes:

What I am looking for is any other nominees. Ken Ibold also comes to mind now that I think about it...

Farthest traveled :yes:

Flight Plan

INR Mc Kinley National Park Airport
60°(87°T) 3092nm
W95 Ocracoke Island Airport

Total Distance: 3093nm

Last edited:
Farthest traveled :yes:

Flight Plan

INR Mc Kinley National Park Airport
60°(87°T) 3092nm
W95 Ocracoke Island Airport

Total Distance: 3093nm
If you will promise to use the certificate, then I'll add you to the list...

I nominate Greebo. Because well because he busted his arse for this board.

I nominate Greebo. Because well because he busted his arse for this board.
Sounds reasonable.

We now have:
Ron
Dr. Bruce
Brook
Kaye
Greebo
Alaskaflyer (if he can get here to use it.):yes:

Dang! What did I do to get dropped??? :eek:

It's because my back went out and I couldn't fly with ya today, isn't it? Huh? Isn't it? :)

Me. Nuff said.

:)

Last edited:
Dang! What did I do to get dropped??? :eek:

It's because my back went out and I couldn't fly with ya today, isn't it? Huh? Isn't it? :)
Ron
Dr. Bruce
Brook
Kaye
Greebo
Tom Sisk
Alaskaflyer (if he can get here to use it.)

Sorry Tom. You are added back... Didn't mean to drop you..:yes:

I'll nominate myself. I'll be on the island in November. Howards Pub is usually on the itinerary. We also stop to see the horses, the former Coast Guard base in the harbor, and the British Cemetery.

Does the certificate have an expiration date? That might affect who can use it. Also, will you contact the "nominees" before the poll begins, to determine if they'll be able to use it before the expiration date?

Does the certificate have an expiration date? That might affect who can use it. Also, will you contact the "nominees" before the poll begins, to determine if they'll be able to use it before the expiration date?
No expiration date.

I nominate ME, I will even take TOM, and Brook along!!
(provided I can get them to go!!!!!!!!!

Tom, sorry to hear your back is /still/again giving you problems,
I'll call you the end of the week.
Skipp

I nominate Bill and Brent, because they will need a destination for the first flight in their new Mooney.

I nominate Bill and Brent, because they will need a destination for the first flight in their new Mooney.
OK, I'll add Bill and Brent.

Now it's:

Ron
Dr. Bruce
Brook
Kaye
Greebo
Tom Sisk
Alaskaflyer
Anthony
Silver Eagle
Bill and Brent
Skipp
Ken Ibold

Others?

I'll nominate myself. I'll be on the island in November. Howards Pub is usually on the itinerary. We also stop to see the horses, the former Coast Guard base in the harbor, and the British Cemetery.
Hope you are renting my house...:rofl:

OK, I'll add Bill and Brent.

Now it's:

Ron
Dr. Bruce
Brook
Kaye
Greebo
Tom Sisk
Alaskaflyer
Anthony
Silver Eagle
Bill and Brent
Skipp
Ken Ibold

Others?
Sounds like a fly-in and just throw it in the kitty!!

But now you have to fess up ... why will you not return? Doesn't have anything to do with health code violations or anything does it?

Edit: Oh, now I see on the original post you will not get into the reasons. Well, my friend's enemy is my enemy.

Sounds like a fly-in and just throw it in the kitty!!

But now you have to fess up ... why will you not return? Doesn't have anything to do with health code violations or anything does it?

Edit: Oh, now I see on the original post you will not get into the reasons. Well, my friend's enemy is my enemy.
Actually, I ended up with the certificate from another fly in where it was to be used as a door prize, but never made it for various reasons. Since I didn't pay for it (donated by Howards) I don't feel right using it myself, so therefore I offer it to the most worthy...:rolleyes:

I will go with you Skipp.
Probably have to be the other way around, I am STILL BFR-less
unless, that is , you want to wait till late sept-early oct, (thats my favorite time of the year there.)

Sounds like you need to be talking to Jim, Skipp, and get that BFR out of the way! :)

Hey, I like that idea!!!!

Ron
Dr. Bruce
Brook
Kaye
Greebo
Tom Sisk
Alaskaflyer
Anthony
Silver Eagle
Bill and Brent
Skipp
Ken Ibold
Fly in and throw it in the Kitty

Sounds like you need to be talking to Jim, Skipp, and get that BFR out of the way! :)

If some one could come up with one more day a week and add 5 hours to the day I might have time at the present. For some one with a "flexible" schedule,
I have been busier than ever. (work wise). No excuse , I know, however, I have some vision problem hoops to jump through first to get the medical back current.
as Doc. Bruce is famous for saying....<sigh>!!!!!!!!!!

As far as Jim, we have been playing phone tag for DAYS now, I have yet to talk to him since his return from Training in DC.

sorry for the thread hijack Mark. I nominated myself, but on basis of who is more worthy of your offer, I cannot come up with an argument that would put me on the top of the list.
HOWEVER,.............. I am a plane washing fool!!

Last edited:
Did anybody win this Gift Certificate? I need to fly somewhere with my instructor this Saturday. I was thinking about going to W95 and eating at Howards Pub. Gota get some hours in MY MOONEY!!:goofy:

I was just going to say...ooops I found the poll thread for the winner

Back