How will you watch the election?

How will you view the election results this year?

• At a local sports bar with a bunch of friends.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • We all gather at a friend's house to exult (or commiserate) afterwards

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Alone, in my underwear, with a case of Budweiser and things to throw at the TV set.

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • I prefer to wake up Wednesday morning to a new and unknown world.

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • What election?

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was gonna' say, Not just no, but hell no! Then I got to thinking, alone, half nekkid with some beer don't sound half bad. Thanks for the idear, hon.

Richard said:
I was gonna' say, Not just no, but hell no! Then I got to thinking, alone, half nekkid with some beer don't sound half bad. Thanks for the idear, hon.
She said Budweiser. She didn't mention beer, otherwise I would have chosen that one as well.:D

She also didn't mention wine. Guess I can't answer.

Oh you mean watch the "news" where they tell us who won a state before the votes are even counted? Blah.

Budweiser? Yuck!

I need to pick up some more of the local microbrew. Good stuff, not water.

None of the choices work, Elizabeth. We'll probably have a nice dinner (after voting) and then watch Fox, 'cause I don't trust the other outlets...

...with great trepidation and the terrible feeling that there isn't anyone running for whom I feel like voting.

Too much work to do to waste time watching the teevee...

I chose the underwear and bud option, but who's kidding who? I'm gonna be stark nekkid.

And to throw at the TV? Well, it'll be my beer if it gets too bad :D

I don't drink that St. Louis swill... Will a twelver of Leinenkugels be an acceptable substitue?

Pete

Where is that avatar.....

:wonderwoman:

There it is. That's me when I drink too much.

Richard said:
You still here? Shouldn't you go vote again?:yes:

Naw I live in suburbs, you have to live in Chicago to vote more than once. Besides I have a little illness thinking of Nick running around, drunk, in a Wonder Woman costume. Many a fantasy involving Lynda Carter just went up in smoke. :D

Last edited:
smigaldi said:
Naw I live in suburbs, you have to live in Chicago to vote more than once. Besides I have a little ill thinking of Nick running around, drunk, in a Wonder Woman costume. Many a fantasy involving Lynda Carter just went up in smoke. :D
And I thought I had a wild imagination. :goofy: Have a great day, Scott!

Frank Browne said:
I had to go with Option 3. I'll post pictures tomorrow! :hairraise::eek:

I may need to take a break tomorrow betwen you and Nick :vomit:

You guys keep it up and I will post pictures as well and that'll learn ya! :eek::eek::eek:

smigaldi said:
I may need to take a break tomorrow betwen you and Nick :vomit:

You guys keep it up and I will post pictures as well and that'll learn ya! :eek::eek::eek:

Whew, I thought I scared everyone out of this thread! Glad ya came back Scott. Relax, I won't post photos. :goofy:

TeeVee schmeeVee. I'll be watching it online via RSS feeds and search aggregators. You guys are SO 20th century.

But beer WILL be involved :D

CNN predicts Dems will pick up the necessary 15 seats and take control of the house.

Edit: Fox News concurs.

Last edited:
I spent election evening doing V1 cuts, NDB and LOC/BC approaches and putting out engine fires. Who won? :confused:

Everskyward said:
I spent election evening doing V1 cuts, NDB and LOC/BC approaches and putting out engine fires. Who won? :confused:

Dems took the house, 3 seats left up for the Senate, close races in each case, within a few thousand votes. Almost guaranteed to be recount territory.

smigaldi said:
Exchanging swill for sewer water seems redundant to me.

Leinie's? Sewer water? :no:

Well, I guess what do I expect from a FIB. ;)

You want sewer water, try Huber Bock. :vomit:

Well I like Micros more than mass produced beer, but for getting hammered while watching election returns I hate to waste good beer.

Hey Huber Bock is good for washing down a Baungartner's Limburger and onion sandwich though:hairraise:

Pete

With a gun in my mouth. Sigh.....

After sitting at the polls as an election judge for 15+ hours, I should have gone home. Instead, I went to the county Republican "victory" rally. Most of the county candidates ran unopposed. Denny Hastert had stopped by. He left before most of the results were posted. The results showed that he was no longer Speaker of the House.
So, in a lot of ways, it was more of a wake and less of a victory celebration. I drank Miller Lite.
ApacheBob

Back