How to!

Andrew Powers

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew
Can some one please teach me how to add a link to a message? There has been another accident involving GA that I would like to bring to everyone's attention.
Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew Powers said:
Can some one please teach me how to add a link to a message? There has been another accident involving GA that I would like to bring to everyone's attention.
Thanks,
Andrew

If you're talking about a link to a web page, I just copy the link from the address line in the browser and paste it into my message. Highlight the addess line, right click, select copy, then put your cursor in the message body, then rick click and select paste.

Or, highlight the address line, do a Control + C then put your cursor in the message body and do a Control + V.

Jeannie

Last edited:
Andrew Powers said:
Thanks Jeannie,
I hope it worked!
A.

Looks like it worked fine. But it's another one of those news orgs that require a registration and sign in. :(

I've stopped registering for those things because of the spam they tend to generate.

Jeannie

silver-eagle said:
Tired of registering? Use bugmenot.com. It gave me jimbo@mailinator.com with the password of password.

I agree, registering is simply another way to get more spam.

I have a linux machine at home running sendmail and that allows me to accept mail directly rather than going through my ISPs mail servers. I can set up what ever e-mail account names I want this way and as many as I want. So, I once registered on a web site that I figured would end up spamming me so I used the name Nonya Biznez with an email address of nonya'at'mydomain.com. It worked, I ended up getting lots of crap from that and the beauty is that I can delete the account at will. :rofl: :yes:

Jeannie

The easy way is to use keyboard shortcuts. Go to the browser window where the story is displayed. Put your cursor on the URL address of the page, hit CTRL-A (Select All), CTRL-C(Copy) then go to the message where you want the link and CTRL-V(Paste). [Mac users should replace CTRL(Control) with the Apple Key. What a strange coincidence those keys are almost the same, huh?]

Thanks for your help.
I'm don't understand why anyone would need to register anything. It's a news report on a mid air collision. The link that I thought I was sending was an open page from a Toronto newspaper.
Flying airplanes is so much more fun than trying to understand why communication via internet has become so convoluted!
Google Toronto Star for immediate info!

silver-eagle said:
Tired of registering? Use bugmenot.com. It gave me jimbo@mailinator.com with the password of password.

I agree, registering is simply another way to get more spam.

We should make it a "policy" to post the bugmenot user/password for any news site that we link to from here. No sense making everyone do the bugmenot lookup themselves.

Maverick said:
I have a linux machine at home running sendmail and that allows me to accept mail directly rather than going through my ISPs mail servers. I can set up what ever e-mail account names I want this way and as many as I want. So, I once registered on a web site that I figured would end up spamming me so I used the name Nonya Biznez with an email address of nonya'at'mydomain.com. It worked, I ended up getting lots of crap from that and the beauty is that I can delete the account at will. :rofl: :yes:

I used to do the same thing, only one step more - For instance, if I was signing up for AOPA, I'd make an aopa@mydomain.com address. That way I could determine exactly who was spamming me or selling my address, and let 'em have it. Too bad this was before all the anti-spam laws.

Back