How to wash and wax an airplane

BillG

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bill Greenberg
:cheerswine: Ah, now this is the way to get things done! Next week I'm going to make them do the belly... :D And after they finished we took a brief intro tour - thankfully my son likes the Tiger better than he liked the Skyhawk, which he virtually refused to fly in. Maybe we can actually take trips now, too!

Last edited:
Re: How to wash and wax and airplane

Hey, that's child labor! Hope you're paying them well! :)

Always good to get a return on your investment in the little ones :)

Why wouldn't your son fly in the Skyhawk?

He's always disliked flying - gets white, nauseous, uncomfortable. He did much better in the Tiger today - actually enjoyed our 15 minute flight.

BillG said:
He's always disliked flying - gets white, nauseous, uncomfortable. He did much better in the Tiger today - actually enjoyed our 15 minute flight.

Interesting. It's occured to me that Sean didn't complain at all when we were in the Tiger, and we got hammered pretty good on departure from PNE. Maybe I'll try swapping to low wing planes and see what he thinks.

Great looking kids and airplane.
Gary

My wife says she feels more comfortable in a low wing plane because she's feels safter sitting on a wing vs hanging under the wing.... Maybe the kids feel the same way?

BillG said:
:cheerswine: Ah, now this is the way to get things done! Next week I'm going to make them do the belly... :D And after they finished we took a brief intro tour - thankfully my son likes the Tiger better than he liked the Skyhawk, which he virtually refused to fly in. Maybe we can actually take trips now, too!

Cute kids!

I don't suppose you rent them out?

Joe Williams said:
Interesting. It's occured to me that Sean didn't complain at all when we were in the Tiger, and we got hammered pretty good on departure from PNE. Maybe I'll try swapping to low wing planes and see what he thinks.

Joe, my only low wing experience is an Archer III, but it sure seems to ride the turb much better (more comfortable) than the 172. Hmmm, time for a new thread :D

The first photo should be e-mailed to Wash Wax-All, eh?

HR

Yes, they rent out - I could use some spare cash for the upgrades I want to make! :)

I don't know why my son feels more comfortable - the Skyhawk is a bit more stable, but the visibility is better in the Tiger, depending on the direction you're looking. It could be psychological, but he really got pale and felt awful flying in the Skyhawk. We'll see what happens as I coax him into longer flights. My 8-yr-old daughter is already planning on getting her pilot certificate in the Tiger and then buying one of her own...!

Gee! Never would have known they are brother and sister! LOL. Good looking Kids and good looking plane.

Actually ya gotta keep them lean - if they do a good job occasionally throw them an extra crust of bread...

BillG said:
Yes, they rent out - I could use some spare cash for the upgrades I want to make! :)

I don't know why my son feels more comfortable - the Skyhawk is a bit more stable, but the visibility is better in the Tiger, depending on the direction you're looking. It could be psychological, but he really got pale and felt awful flying in the Skyhawk. We'll see what happens as I coax him into longer flights. My 8-yr-old daughter is already planning on getting her pilot certificate in the Tiger and then buying one of her own...!

The answer is simple, your son is a "Real Man", and as such, he was in mortal fear of being seen in a high wing airplane and being considered a "Girly Man".:D

BillG said:
Actually ya gotta keep them lean - if they do a good job occasionally throw them an extra crust of bread...

*wonders if anyone on the board is with Social Services...* ;)

Oh Henning, that's not fair! Now I've got to take a blow dryer to this keyboard. Although that really was just a statement of fact.

Children have the right to work for free. For added effect, after they have completed the job, get out the white glove--works especially well along the lowest side panels or very high on top.

Richard said:
Children have the right to work for free.

Yep. You got that right.

When they're done with the plane, give them a really big can of gas and a lawn tractor and point them to the far end of the grass runway and tell them to cut it full length full width to the treeline/dropoff/ditch. Then when they're done with that they can clean out the hangar...

THEN they can come help with the real work.

Frank <---- BTDT farm kid

fgcason said:
Yep. You got that right.

When they're done with the plane, give them a really big can of gas and a lawn tractor and point them to the far end of the grass runway and tell them to cut it full length full width to the treeline/dropoff/ditch. Then when they're done with that they can clean out the hangar...

THEN they can come help with the real work.

Frank <---- BTDT farm kid

Yeah, but when you were a kid, you had to mow the runway with a rotary blade push mower, barefoot, in the snow, uphill both ways....:rolleyes:

Frank's right. Even today, on the farm the work never ends. Funny thing, even though the work never ends it's actually quite enjoyable. Probabaly because of the realization that it's all being done for you and your family. I mean, you're not punching a clock, there is no commute, no irritating co-workers over whom you have no control, no set schedule--most of the time. You get to watch directly the results of your labor, any failures are directly your responsibility. It just goes on and on and on...

Henning said:
Yeah, but when you were a kid, you had to mow the runway with a rotary blade push mower, barefoot, in the snow, uphill both ways....:rolleyes:

tee-hee!! :yes:

BTW, great kids!
Terry

Back