How to unlock a door?

You can never use too much dynamite.

DJUNF4voqYNbi.gif

Yes, you can. :p

Butch and Sundance weren't the best at explosives.

Cheers

They did use a bit too much. :D

Which is why most cars don't have the pop up lock on top of the ledge anymore. Those were always really easy via a number of methods.

Those that still have them usually nestle the lock down into a form fit cutout that makes it nearly impossible to grab them.

I locked myself out of my apartment once in college.. locksmith wanted something like $600 because it was late night, around midnight

The door opened inward so there was a similar 90 degree bend to contend with that you mention. The license was too stiff and could not make the bend, but I had a grocery loyalty card, I think Shaws actually. I never liked Shaws so didn't mind sacrificing it. There was still too much friction however, so a friend down the hall lent us some lubricant.. that worked miraculously well and I was in after about 10 minutes

I had a similar alternative use for personal lubricant..... Was running wire through some EMT out in my backyard.. I had bent it, and the romex wouldn't make the bend.. Got out the KY, slathered it on the wire and pushed it right through.. Wife was quite entertained.

1. Head over to the hardware store and buy a new door knob with no lock
2. Take a Tire iron or wrecking bar on the door jamb closest to the door knob. If careful, comes off in one piece so you can nail it back to the frame.
3. Replace the door knob
4. Replace the door jamb.
Just twist the knob with a pipe wrench. It'll shear and open.

I think it's hysterical that he took the time to draw a picture. I would have had the door open long before.

Back